|21| friends

New Update!!

As I promised, Thank you so much, for all those best comments, I read each one.

Do follow your Author Meehira__writes those who haven't followed yet, kiska intezaar hai?

I want to dedicate this chapter to Nandanaaah

Happy Reading!!

___

I contemplated removing my high heels and crossing my legs, the bangles I had been wearing for almost a week were itching terribly, and the saree was poking me in all the wrong places. I longed for the comfort of my usual shorts and loose T-shirts that I used to wear without anything underneath.

The downsides of sharing a room with a man.

My thoughts won, and I bent a little to reach my feet, attempting to remove the heels, which proved challenging due to the tied seatbelt.

"Can you stop the car for a moment?" I requested, now determined to get rid of the uncomfortable heels.

"Sure, Missus," he replied, and after two minutes, he parked the car to the side.

I hastily removed my seatbelt, and in the next moment, I untied the heels, leaving them there as I crossed my feet over the car seat.

"Don't look at me like that; it was starting to get uncomfortable as hell," I said when I noticed Vaibhav's amused expression.

"Meri Himmat," he spoke, eliciting a smile from me.

"Can we stop here for a moment?" he spoke, fully lowering the car window that was partially open.

"Sure," I replied, as I leaned on the car seat, keeping the seat belt unfastened. My gaze wandered to the outside view - not too busy of a road, but not entirely empty. Couples were strolling, and families were out, perhaps roaming after dinner, a habit even I used to have back home.

"Coffee or tea?" he asked abruptly, and I turned to look at him, surprised by his desire for coffee at this time.

"Coffee," I replied, smiling, even though I didn't really want any. But I didn't want to say no to him.

He stepped out of the car. I wanted to as well, but putting the heels back on was not something I was keen on.

He handed me the coffee through the window, I retrieved the coffee from his hold, very carefully. I wasn't in the mood for another electric shock, by mistakenly touching him.

He got back in, and I extended my hand, passing him the other cup.

"So, how was it?" he asked, settling in.

"Tiring, a bit of fun," I traced the cap of the cup, clearing my throat, I matched his gaze, which was already on me, "and a bit irritating," I answered.

"About that," he began, then paused, sighing and taking a deep breath, "Mr. Saxena and I have been in conversation about opening a seaside resort in Goa," he continued, taking a sip of coffee.

Realizing that even I undid the cap of the coffee cup, and even I took a sip, I waited for him to continue, "We are still in talk about that, and the work is in process, so a year back when I was in Goa with him and, of course, even Meesha was there," he spoke, hesitatingly.

"She manages his new projects, and his son manages his finances. So, he asked me about my thoughts regarding Meesha. We were classmates during our MBA, but she is nothing more than an acquaintance. We aren't even close enough to be called friends," he paused, looking at me, perhaps trying to gauge my feelings on the matter.