|32| confirmation

So, here the update guys, Meehira__writes❤️ Follow your Author, for all the important updates.

Vote, comment and share the story.

Happy Reading!!

I haven't proof read the part, do tell me if you happen to find any mistakes.

__

The next morning, I deliberately rose earlier than Nidhi, spurred by a desire to counter the lethargy and fatigue that had settled upon me from days spent mostly in office chairs, attending endless meetings, visiting restuarants and driving home. In a bid to rejuvenate myself, I had resolved to return to the gym, but for the first week, I opted for brisk walks.

As I gazed upon my sleeping wife, her innocence amplified in slumber, memories of that night flooded back to me when we first shared the bed for the first time, when she unceremoniously commandeered the entire duvet. Since then, we had slept under separate covers. Now, cocooned beneath the duvet, only her face was visible, somehow managing to cover her head, with the same cover.

Though a part of me yearned for more sleep, I resisted the urge, instead, I slipped into comfortable attire - a t-shirt, pajamas, and sports shoes. Stepping out of the closet, after attending to my needs, I caught sight of Nidhi rubbing her eyes, still ensconced in bed, absentmindedly tying her hair into a bun. As my gaze inadvertently wandered lower, I realized she wore nothing beneath her full-sleeved nightwear. I Hastily averted my eyes to her face, I prayed she hadn't noticed my lapse in decorum.

I'm not sure if it was because of the respect, I held for her or the fact that she appeared uncomfortable until now. Observing her in this manner made me feel somewhat embarrassed, as if I were being disrespectful towards her.

I could usually discern her mood from her facial expressions, but at this moment, I found myself unable to grasp it. She maintained good communication with my siblings, both Aadarsh and Roshni, as well as with Maa. I've noticed this in the past few days, despite her somewhat strained relationship with her mother. The reason for her guardedness around me didn't quite make sense to me.

Could it be related to her past, the one she mentioned when we met at the temple?

"Good morning," she murmured, interrupting my thoughts and prompting me to refocus on the present.

"Good morning," I replied as she rose from the bed. Her first task upon waking up was always making the bed, as she was doing now. And when I was on the bed, she would simply fold the cover she had slept in.

"Are you going somewhere?" she inquired, glancing at me, while straightening the bed sheet on my side of the bed. When we would be silent the only sound in the room would be of her bangles, that seem to irritate her a lot.

"Oh! Yeah, just for a walk," I replied, distractedly, reaching out for my phone. I walked past her, in doing so our arms brushed, and our eyes met. But I ignored it and took my phone.

"Why did you wake up? You could have slept a little longer," I remarked, wondering that did it become awkward and if it did it dissolves.

"I've had enough rest," she replied, folding my cover..

"Okay, I'll head out then. See you soon," I said, making my exit.