chapter 5

"You are busy "

"No "

"In the meeting" I again question , no matter what happened I don't want to disturb.

my parents, they already did a lot for me.

"No why" as expected.

"I came to meet you" I confess as receptionist took the clue and gave us room.

"Dia what's the occasion?"

"It's really serious" I can't believe my mother played those dirty tricks, I have to listen from her own mouth.

"Why what happened to you "

"No" I'm not ok at all. Everything was going good and suddenly now it's blue !.

"Mom, take a seat first"

"Tell me what this is about"

"Organ donation" I never talked to mom about these things , I had a lot on my plate to handle so this was my least concern, now I regret doing that , if I just happened to take interest in this things maybe I would have prevented the injustice happened with Raine.

"What?"

"You know you have that organ donation camp"

"Yes what about that?"

"Recently a receiver was informed that they can't have the surgery because the eye donor family is not ok with it anymore."

Mom remained silent so I i continue

"But the truth is that eye is already been received by someone else."

"If you're asking whether it's true or not, then I say it's true" I i failed to hide my surprised face . My eyes are wide as I digest what she's confessed. Raine is right , my mummy is the reason why he lost his beautiful chance.

"Why? "

"The patient got connection with our share holders, what do you think I could do in that situation?." Shit! This share holder always indulge dirty things.

"Then what about the receiver?

At least they deserve a sincere apology!.

"That name will be taken down from the list" that's soo unfair.

"You're kidding , right?"

"No I'm not Dia this camp is been done in the supervision of media and public. So technically when we get a donor we need to take down the names too."

" M..om "

"But when we accidentally encounter a patient with a very low rate of survival, we immediately contact their family members and make them sign the organ donation form, of course with their consent "

"And exactly how long we have to wait for that scenario to occur"

"It's unpredictable."

"That's wrong mom"

"So what"

"So what?"

"Diana do you how many patients we cure very months?" Mom ask me as she looks dead serious. I choose to be silent since I'm unaware of that.

"20 freely without taking any single penny. How do you think we do that?"

Black money

"The black money we get from our shareholders , sponsorship, politicians. "

"It's kill me from inside whenever a name get off from list unfairly, but I have to keep doing it for 20 patient per month we treat freely."

"Mom" i understand her, but it can't be an excuse to what happened with Raine or any man .