Lunch with Lans

Looking up he saw a glimpse of happiness in his future self face and the future Lan Xichen is smiling a small smile.

" It's true uncle. My brother is not blabbering. I too want prevent tragedies for my younger selves ... starting with mother physical body death , which won't happen till the burn of cloud recesses. Oh..yes , I also like to bring justice to my mother for the crime , she never committed. " Lan Xichen grits out with clutched teeth and spiteful smile. Something his younger self doesn't even know how to do.

Lan Wangji realises he is crying. Odd. He does not cry. He is too old
now yet for the first time since his mother death , he is crying because his mother is not dead.
--------------------------------------------------------

Lan Qiren never in his life felt this agaited but today he felt all his years of carefully practiced patience on the edge of snapping as he heard his future nephews.

Hee loves his family. This is a fact that the entire sect is aware of, he may look strict and rigid but there is a reason for it. The reason no one knows it better than his xiongzhang. He doesn't want the history to repeat and he doesn't wants his nephew to grive, so he changed himself.

Yet now...

Lan Qiren still couldn't quite bring himself to believe it.

He was lied too. His sister in law was innocent and she is alive.

His heart pained as he remembered how his nephews celebrated each New Year without their father's red string of coins and each Harvest Moon without their mother's mooncake.

" Is it true. Mother...A-Ning is alive " Lan qiren vaguely heard his elder nephew enquiry their future self.

" She is alive now...well breathing without consciousness. She is kept hidden in the black hills with the help of forbidden arrays of Lan Yi. The array is complicated with the use of Resentment energy and it can be broken in night only. "

Lan Qiren heard Wei answered his elder nephew. He can't help but take a look at his nephew expression. Despite the hard exterior wangji wore, Qiren could see a longing and hope in his younger nephew eyes. Huan despite his sunshine personality, he look guarded and kept his emotions hidden.

Before anyone could ask anything, they hear the bell rang, indicating the time for lunch.

The juniors let out a relieved sigh as they hear the lunch bell.

" Now everyone will leave for lunch and the attention won't be on us " Lan Anru commented.

" Today remaining classes are dismissed. The future disciples can leave for the lunch with others. We can discuss other things about future in private. Now let's have lunch " Lan Qiren announced.

Many disciples let out a displeased groans and murmured among them as they heard Grandmaster lan.

" The four major sect heir and important disciples can join lan family in lunch today in the main room. I will ask lan discipline to make seating arrangements for you all " Lan Qiren continued, surprising everyone there.

Yanli can't help but look at her brother sadly. She knows how much she and A-cheng sees her Axian as family but it doesn't mean, master Qiren will also look at him as jiang family. Her Axian had already heard enough insults from her mother for dining with them. She don't want her brother to get insulted in gusu too.

" A-xian! You wait with Other jiang disciples. We will meet you outside " Yanli said with a soft smile

Jin ling can't help but look at his mother with wide eyes and slight. (I thought mother loves di-jiu, then why she is excluding him )