Chapter 1

The Bees Miss You.

As I go about my chores around the house, tidying up and taking care of the plants, Cillian walks through the door, yet again with another jar of honey in his hands. He's been bringing home quite a few jars lately, and I've been curious about where he's getting them from. But deep down, I know the reason behind it.

Ever since we experienced the loss of our baby, after trying so hard for so long, I've found it difficult to find joy in anything. I haven't had the motivation to tend to our garden, check on the bees, or even cook meals.

I've been consumed by sadness, and it feels like I'm stuck in this overwhelming grief. I think Cillian has been trying his best to support me, but I can tell that he's hurting too. I've unintentionally pushed him away, and now it feels like we're trapped in this cycle that's hard to break free from.

Cillian looks at me with hope in his eyes, as if he's wishing for me to open up, to embrace him, and to kiss him. And deep down, I do want all of that. But when it comes to us, I'm not usually the one who takes the first step. It's going to have to be him.

"Hey," he says, his voice trembling slightly.

"Hey," I reply softly. "I see you've brought home another jar of honey. They're starting to take up quite a bit of shelf space, but hey, maybe we can use them for pickling or something." I try to keep the conversation light, but inside, I'm hoping that this small exchange can be the beginning of us finding our way back to each other.

"Yes," he responds with a grin, "pickling would be great! How are you?" he asks, his voice filled with genuine concern.

I pause for a moment, taking in his words. It's been a while since we've had a heartfelt conversation like this. "I'm... I'm okay," I reply, my voice filled with a mix of vulnerability and hope. "I've been feeling a bit lost, to be honest. But I appreciate you asking. How about you? How have you been?"

Cillian chuckles softly, trying to lighten the mood. "Well, the bees miss you, you know," he says, a playful tone in his voice. "They keep buzzing around the garden, wondering where their favorite beekeeper has gone."

I can't help but laugh at his joke, feeling a glimmer of warmth in my heart. "I miss them too," I admit, a soft smile forming on my lips. "But I know you've been doing your best to take care of them. And I appreciate that more than you know."

Cillian walks closer to me, his eyes filled with love and understanding. "I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what," he says, his voice filled with sincerity.

As the evening settles in, Cillian and I find ourselves sitting at the dining table, a bottle of wine uncorked and glasses filled. The soft glow of candlelight casts a warm ambiance, creating an atmosphere of intimacy and warmth

We clink our glasses together, The conversation flows easily between us, a mixture of lighthearted banter and deeper discussions about how we have been feeling.

"I'm glad we're doing this" he says. "It's been a long time, since we have done something like this".

"Me too, I'm glad too".

With each sip of wine, the tension that has lingered between us slowly begins to dissipate. As the plates are cleared away, the air crackles with an unspoken desire. Our eyes meet, and in that moment, we both know that the time has come to bridge the physical distance that has grown between us.

Cillian stands up, extending his hand towards me. I take it without hesitation,
"What are you doing?" I ask playfully. Feeling the warmth of his touch as he leads me towards the bedroom. The familiar scent of his cologne fills the air, wrapping around us like a comforting embrace.

"I'm escorting my beautiful wife to our bedroom, I think we have forgotten that we share it."

"Why did we stop sharing? it's been so long, I can barely remember."

He just humms in reply, a gentle sound that carries hints of regret.

In the dimly lit room, we stand face to face, in awkwardness as all uncertainties hanging in the air. But as our lips meet, all doubts and fears melt away, replaced by a renewed sense of trust and connection.

The kiss is gentle at first, a tender exploration of familiar territory. But as the passion intensifies, our bodies move in sync, rediscovering the rhythm and chemistry that has always been between us.

This is good, I think to myself. Were finally getting some of our normalcy back.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

I hope you enjoyed, they have not resolved all their issues yet. The healing of their marriage will grow through out the book, this is just a baby step.
Thanks for reading! ❤