;Prologue;

Woodsboro, California.
~

Finally setting the last of boxes in the back of his 1974 Ford Econoline, a (h/c) boy looks back at the place he called home. This isn't his first time moving, hell, it probably won't even be his last! He had moved from state to state a lot growing up, his Pops and Momma had work all over the place.
Had tons of friends in tons of places.

He chuckles at the fond memories hoping he'll be able to meet them again while on the road.

Giving his dog, Mantis, who's already in the van ready to go, a good scratch behind her ears before glancing over to his two long-time best friends/roommates.

William 'Billy' Loomis & Stuart 'Stu' Macher.

"Do you have to go?" Stu complained, M/n rolled his eyes with a pity smirk making it's way to his face, "Yes, I do. My Pops can't expect Danny to do" -he rolls his eyes once again and spreads his arms wide in the air- "everything for the company." Billy nudges Stu out the way, crossing his arms as he turns to you. "You'll visit us, right?" Of course you would! How could you leave your best friends since college completely behind?

Y'all had gone to the same university, sadly different programs, but lived in the same dorms, and started living in the same house right after! How could you leave such a bond like this behind? You can't. You couldn't. Your smirk drops and your voice goes soft, "Guys.." taking a deep breath "Come with me, please."

They stare at you as if you were one of those puppies on those sad shelter commercials, "M/n.. You know we can't, not right now at least.". "Well," You lean on the side of your van "Why not?" Billy furrows his eyebrows "You know exactly why.". And that you did know, wished you didn't. They had told you ALL about their plans, thought maybe you'd join with enough convincing! But you didn't. The guilt that would come to bite you in the ass was something you couldn't shrug off as good as they could. But would you ever turn them in? Hell no. Having some mental problems of your own -and how attached you are to them- you couldn't even think about it.

"Fine!" You wince as you accidentally slam your fist down onto the side door. "I'll.. I'll call whenever I'm not driving." Stu chuckles at your dramatic-ness "Awe, you promise?" He says pouting his lip, you all laugh at his behavior, starting to recall all the dumb memories of your years together as your limited time ticks away.

"I'm going to miss y'all." You said staring up at the puffy clouds. "A lot." Your eyes avoiding the boys in front of you. You love these brats ALOT.
Billy shares a glance with Stu before reaching an arm around your shoulders, "We're gonna miss you too, punk." Giving you a good squeeze as Stu closes both of you into a bear hug, resting his head on top of yours. A wagging tails hitting against the van wall and a choir of chuckles can be heard as Mantis gives kisses to all of you.

A long adventure awaits you -As expected from taking the longest route you could think of- making friends and some frenemies along the way.

~