; Chapter 7;

Leaving them was a struggle.
Hoyt who yelled at you anytime you would slip up and call him 'Charlie', had wanted you gone in many ways, wasn't as MUCH of a struggle. Sure he had tried to hurt you but Momma Luda and her/YOUR boys weren't having it.

You were able to get out the house and now you sit with Tommy and Bubs, in your van. Dangling your legs just off the edge of the back. They wanted to stay with you, AND THEY DID! At least in the state of Texas..

You leaving them really hurt, but they couldn't just pack up and leave their family behind, that'll be wrong!

Watching the clouds you're hit with an ideas scooting over to the boxes in your van you open one full of old stuff. Childhood toys, books, and the one item you were looking for, your old phone. A LG Prada, quickly adding your newer phone number into it, you pass the phone over to them with a smile.

They stare at you in confusion, with a playful chuckle you explain, "You can use this to talk to me while I'm away! Surely you have had a landline of sorts." You turn on the phone, showing them how to text, access apps and such.

You look back at Manny in the front seat and give her a pat, she just wants to get back on the road. Signing you look back up at your boys. "I need to get going." you say plainly. A pain of sadness tugs at your heart.
They have been your world and now you must leave them behind.

Maybe if you leave them quickly, it will hurt less for them? Bubba shakes his head and pushes you into his chest, you try to wiggle out but Tommy locks you in the hug.

With a heavy heart, you gently pry yourself away from their embrace promising to return soon and that they can always call you. They give you the saddest puppy dog eyes and you give in.

Not staying but you give both of them one last lingering hug, whispering words of love and promises into their ears. They get out of your van, you walk out with them, shutting the back doors and walking off to the side.

As you settle into the driver's seat, you take a deep breath. Waving goodbye to your boys and Momma Luda, Mantis howls in her seat as you turn up the radio.

The Texas heat wasn't too bad, you were kind of used to it! Driving down an actual concrete road was nice too. Except for the van in front of you, a slight swear while they're driving was kind of scary to be behind.

So, to keep yourself and your dog safe, you ride to the front of them. As you drive by you could hear yelling in their own van, something about wanting ice cream?? Specifically yelling 'Tutti-fucking-Frutti' to a very aggravated man.

((Sid Haig - Captain Spaulding
Sherri Moon Zombie - Baby Firefly
Bill Mosley - Otis Driftwood
This is the start of tiny cameos since I couldn't figure out an actual pot line for these movies.))

The air was sick with the scent of nature and the distance sound of chirping birds filled your ears. The hustle and bustle the city seemed like a distant memory as you and Manny find yourself surrounded by vast stretches of green fields.

As you drive along the dirt road you couldn't help but feel a sense of peace wash over you. As you drive along another dirt road, you can't help but feel sense of peace wash over you, the stress of worries of everyday life seem to melt away replaced by a sense of calm.

The road keeps itself straight, till it's physically blocked. A set of wooden blockades and signs force you to turn.
A loud ringing breaks you out of your confused little bubble.

Answering the call curiously. Stu's voice crackles through the line, you're not exactly paying attention but his voice was enough to keep you calm driving down the non-blocked road. "-and he jumps in front the bit-!" "Okayokay, great story hun but I'm so nervous right, I can't listen."