Let The Games Begin

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 

"Looks like my bed has been placed next to yours Thomas." Paige said noticing the Greenie was walking behind her.

"Chuck picked it out." Thomas replied.

"Chuck puts everyone's bed around his. He doesn't like being alone. At all." Paige smiled taking off her shoes, leaving her socks on.

"You going to bed?" Thomas asked.

"What do you think I'm doing? Taking my shoes off for pleasure." Paige chuckled.

"Alright fine." Thomas would start taking his shoes off sitting on his hammock.

"You don't have to sleep now just because I am Tom." Paige said lying down on her hammock.

"I want to." Thomas replied doing the same thing.

  "You mean you want to be with me?" Paige asked smirking. Hearing that, Thomas lifted his head looking at her.

"You're the only one who's been nice to me." Thomas said.

"Chuck? Alby?" Paige looked at him.

"You're the only one I feel comfortable with. And I don't know why." Thomas said. Paige looked at him making serious eye contact.

"Same for me Tom." Paige said. "Ever since you came I've stopped."

"Stopped what?" Thomas asked.

"Thinking of ways to get out of the early. Peacefully." Paige said looking up at the sky through the cracks in the bamboo ceiling of the shelter.

"Good." Thomas said as the others came to their hammocks.

"You alright Chuck?" Paige asked sitting up.

"Yeah just cold that's all." The young boy said shivering.

"Here." Paige got up and walked 2 steps to the right to Chuck's bed and took off her jumper and placed it on him. "Get some rest Chuck".

"Night."  Chuck said dozing off to sleep straight away.

"What about you?" Thomas asked Paige who was climbing back into her hammock.

"I'll be fine. We have the fire." Paige said turning towards Thomas's hammock so she fell asleep facing the fire. Facing Thomas. Noticing she had fallen asleep, so did Thomas.

•••••

Images flashed in his mind. "Wicked Is Good" A voice said over and over and over again. A women appearing in all white walking down a runway with computers everywhere. A grid. Cameras. But it was all blurry. Thomas couldn't make out what it was.
BOOM!
Nothing.

Gasping for air, Thomas woke up startled. A hand covered his mouth as his eyes widened. The first thing he did was look over at Paige's bed. She wasn't in the bed... Sharply, Thomas got up but noticed three figures standing with Newt. Minho, Alby and Paige.... Relaxing, Thomas took a deep breath in. The maze doors were just opening for the day, with enough room to run through. All three of them ran off leaving Newt standing at the entrance.

"Okay but why would Alby go in the maze? I mean he's not a runner? And three of them? Why did Paige have to go?" Thomas asked fiddling with the sharp sword in his hand. Sitting next to Chuck on a fallen down tree he would look over at Newt who was trying to chop down half of a tree.

"Things are different. Alby went to trace Ben's footsteps. Are you going to help?" Newt asked his tone annoyed.

"Okay so he's going to go back where Ben was just stung?" Thomas asked.