The Traitor

Thomas walked into a tent, checking it making sure no one was in it before turning round to Paige.

"What's wrong you okay?" Thomas asked looking at her up and down.

"I'm fine Tommy." Paige said making sure no one was behind her.

"What did you want to talk about?" Thomas asked confused.

"Before you found me. At Marcus' you found me past out right?" Paige asked but all Thomas did was nod. "I saw things before I it all fully went back."

"Like what?" Thomas asked his eyes flickering with fear.

"Things that I already knew. I saw Grievers. Winston. As a Crank...." Paige looked down at her fingers then back up at Thomas. "But I also saw things that I didn't know." There was a pause. "I saw Newt..."

"What about Newt?" Thomas asked sitting down on one of the beds, sitting opposite him on another bed was Paige.

"He was a Crank. Black veins. Sweaty hair. Rotten teeth. Dead on the inside." Paige said.

"Jesus..." Thomas sighed.

"Then I saw Teresa." Paige spluttered out. "She was stood next to my father. Like she was with him. On his side."

"It makes sense now." Thomas sighed.

"Thomas." Paige said calling him by his proper name. Thomas looked up straight away hearing this made him know it was serious.

"After we escaped the Cranks at the mall and got to that rubble in the sand. We talked. She said we should go back. And it's a good thing what Wicked where doing. She thought they could find a cure." Thomas said.

"There is no god damn cure." Paige said annoyed.

"That's exactly what I said." Thomas sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me Tommy?" Paige asked.

"I didn't think it was going to be a problem." Thomas answered.  The two of them thought in silence.

"From now on we keep an eye on Teresa." Thomas said.

"Didn't like her anyways." Paige said looking at Thomas. Thomas looked up at her and immediately started chuckling. Paige did the same seeing his smile.

"Come on." Thomas said standing up putting his hands out for Paige. Looking up at Thomas, Paige smiled blushing then took his hands standing up. Instead of thinking silence there was comfortable silence. The two looked at each other, then Thomas pulled Paige in placing his hands on her hips. Butterflies in Paige's stomach wirled, looking at his eyes then his mouth over and over again. Their lips got closer and closer.

"Hey!" Luca yelled looking at them half of his body inside the tent the other outside the tent. "Find a better place to make out. Don't touch my sister Thomas. Come on. Newts asking for you too. We're all sat up on the mountain." Paige and Thomas smiled, placing her forehead on Thomas' chest she chuckled.

"Okay. We're coming." Thomas said.

"Hurry up." Luca said smirking walking away.

"One day?" Paige asked looking up at him dreamy.

"Oh yeah." Thomas smiled. "Ladies first."

"Gentlemen." Paige walked away from Thomas. But he didn't let her get that far by following close behind her. But before Thomas could walk out a hand grabbed him just as he got outside. Jorge.

"Thank you for protecting Brenda." Jorge said. "She's the world to me." Thomas nodded and hugged him.

"Thanks for protecting Paige. She's my world." Thomas admitted. Jorge smiled to himself then nodded.

"She protected me more then I did her but your welcome." Jorge smiled. Thomas nodded and walked off catching up with Paige

•••••

"Caught them nearly kissing." Luca said laughing sitting on a rock with the other boys.

"About time." Minho said chuckling.

"Here they come." Frypan said looking down watching the two walk up together laughing.

"Took your time." Newt said smirking.

"Shut up boys." Paige said sitting next to Luca. "Where's Teresa?"

"Up there." Minho pointed on top of a hill to a figure looking out into the distance.

"I'll go." Thomas said nodding at Paige.

"Alby would have loved it here." Newt said looking out at the Right Arm.

"Chuck too." Thomas said looking down.

"He's be proud of you Thomas." Newt said looking over at Thomas. Hearing Chuck's voice Paige looked down.

"And Winston." Frypan smiled saying his name.

"Ben." Minho said.

"Okay let's go boys." Paige said getting up sniffing up.  "Fancy some food?"

"Always." Frypan said running down. Down followed the rest of the boys.

"Be careful Tommy." Paige said hugging him.

"I will." Thomas said smiling holding her close. "Can't leave you with the boys alone." Paige chuckled as she walked down. On the other hand, Thomas walked across to Teresa.