Chapter 3: The Talk

(Author's Note: Now we get to see what Demetria's mother thinks about this! Hehehe...)

Demetria woke up to the sound of arguing.

"No, she's an adult now. Demetria doesn't need to go school now that she's at the age of nineteen!"

"Well, clearly she needs a way to rein in her powers; they're already out of control! We saw what happened with the castle, and she was barely able to take back control over the blizzard, but even then, your daughter passed out from using her powers on her own. She needs help."

Demetria groaned. "Will both of you PLEASE shut up!?" she shouted, startling the the two out of their argument.

"You know what? That was a fair reaction, and I'm sorry that we were too loud." Merlina acknowledged, making Scylla snort in amusement.

"Funny, but I gotta go. Have fun, you two!" Scylla said, teleporting away before anyone had the chance to reply.

Mother and daughter proceeded to have a staring contest. It was a serious business. Merlina hissed, "You left without telling anyone what you were doing or where you were."

Demetria growled. "Scylla knew!"

"But she's unpredictable, and you knew that!"

"So you're saying you don't have faith in me or Scylla, is that it?" Demetria jabbed.

Merlina remembered conversations like this before,  where she and her daughter argued about the lone missions Sylvia, Hikari, and their parents agreed on sending Demetria on. Merlina sighed. "You're not ready to face the world with your ice powers spiraling out of control like this."

Demetria narrowed her eyes at this, looking distinctively like she was when her powers first manifested, almost destroying an empire in her awakening.

Merlina whispered, "Little Ice Queen, please trust me when I say this; the more you keep trying to tame your powers, the more they're not going to listen. Rest yourself a bit, PLEASE." Merlina's thoughts pleaded to Demetria that she would listen.

Which Demetria did, softening at her mother's upset expression. Demetria would do anything for her mom when she got like this. Demetria sighed. "Fine, but just for today."

Merlina smiled. "Thank you."