Chapter 4: Really, Sylvia? REALLY?

(Author's Note: Short chapter again. It was worth it!)

"My glass shoes are miiiissiiiinnnng!" The woman on the phone sobbed, making Demetria's mood drop. The one day she was supposed to be hanging out with her aunt has been interrupted and hands-down ruined by this one customer. But fake it 'till you make it, right?

So Demetria faked a cheery voice as she replied, "Ma'am, we're a hotel, not a detective agency. If you're not booking a reservation, please look for someone else."

"B-b-but I asked all the other detective agencies in town b-b-but they w-w-wouldn't heeeeeelp!" the wailed, nearly bursting Demetria's eardrum.

In a desperate attempt to save both her eardrums and her sanity, Demetria finally said, "Fine! Fine, we'll help you, just pleease stop whining like you're a bull calf!"

"Thank you! I'll be right over!" The woman said, hanging up quickly.

"Who was that?" Sylvia asked as she came into the office. "I can feel your annoyance from the pool."

"Some woman kept screaming about her glass slippers being missing, so I told her that I could help." Demetria replied. Sylvia's face paled. Demetria sighed and asked, "What did you do? Did you steal those shoes?"

"Ididn'tdonothingIgottagobye!" Sylvia ran.

"HEY! RETURN THOSE SHOES RIGHT NOW OR-"