two

Izumi enters the classroom as she does most things, alone. Not that it bothers her, it's what she's done for the past...nine years of her life? Izumi has no idea. In fact, the years seem to blur together. Along with the faces of Atticus, Abel, and even Hitoshi himself. But Izumi used it. Accustomed to the clean silence that envases U.A in the early hours. Used to being caged within U.A walls before any students Used to rising so early the sun hadn't risen and the birds were silenced.

She prefers it even, the silence. Prefers it against the loud noise that the world provides her. And even then, U.A has never been completely silent. For her at least. Teacher's thoughts, and footsteps ring in her ears. Painfully aware of any other body besides her own, Izumi treads to the back slowly. Fingers gently brushing the desktops she passes. Despite the pain shooting up from her bones into her shoulders.

These desks will house future heroes. Children with beaming smiles and little worries. Children who have no clue how deep evil ruins within the veins of humanity. She sets her messenger bag down on a seat in the back corner seat. Her arms aching from yesterday. Yesterday, Izumi wasn't permitted to leave the grounds. Not until the Acrachne building had a new score. Some seniors beat her last score, and The Principal thought that her acrobatics could use some work.

'A second.' Izumi scowls, thinking in English is the only liberty she's been given. The only connection to Atticus Shinso she's ever remembered. 'The senior beat me by a second. And he—nitpicked it.' She doesn't realize it, but she's glaring at the bag. Teeth gritting at the shiny U.A logo gleaming back.

"A gift!" The Creature had exclaimed, paws outstretched. It didn't feel the need to smile at her anymore. Monsters disregarded pleasantries around one another. Izumi's brows furrowed, a frown forming on her lips. She never smiled anymore, frowning was the closest to it.

"Thank you." Izumi mumbled back, "What for?"

Its lips drew back into a great smile. Pleased at the question, that even though Izumi was just like it, a failed experiment, Humanity lied in the lab rat before him. Human Curiosity thrived in the worst of them. "You got first." It took a drink of tea as Izumi's furrowed brow disappeared. Gratified by the words of praise. "Though—" It began, smile dimming, "In Ground Arachne, someone beat your score. So, maybe you aren't as great as you're supposed to be..."

Izumi jumps at the muffled voice reaching her ears. Muffled by the constant ringing, and talking within her brain. "What?" She demands, snapping her head to the doorway. Her fingers intangle in the strap of the bag, nails almost ripping into the leather.

"You know not paying attention to a classmate is very rude and extremely disrespectful!" His hand chops up and down, as if he's a wooden soldier being manipulated by a children's hand. His thoughts are almost robotic as he speech, a blend of aristocratic words. Izumi's eyes don't leave her bandaged fingers. Some black hair shielding her eyes seems to convey enough. "No matter! I'll forgive you this once—In fact my name is-"

The intercom sparks life. Making Izumi flinch and the boy look up. "Code Webb." And like a dog, Izumi goes running.