five

The costume is skin tight. Clinging to lean muscle and frigid bone like a lifeline. Despite the "breathable and flexible" fabric, it suffocates Izumi. Strangling whatever will-power she had out of her aching body and leaving artificial exhaustion in its wake.

Not only is it tight but it's not hers. The body suit, which covers everything neck down, is of Nezu's design. A tag teamed effort with the Government, since both own Izumi. It's a deep Navy. Splits of sliver design on its back and sides. Designed especially for her, even the fingers of the suit have her fingerprints threaded within the pads, "for grip"

Not that Izumi gives a shit. All she can smell is the sterile stench that reeks from the costume. She feels the tracker beneath her thumb, a cool metallic sting against warm flesh. She misses her youth. When she had trainers who would leave her idle. And baby Izumi would fight in street clothes, some leggings and a turtleneck. She almost imagines what she would fought in now, if she had a choice. But instead, somehow as she exits the bathroom stall, she's roped into the locker room conversation.

"Shinso—!" The pink girl chimes, "You look so professional already! You could already be a pro for all we know!"

Izumi's fingers pull her hair out of the sea of fabric. Twisting the pin straight strands into a bun at the base of her neck. Watching as another girl, with purple hair agrees.

"Yeah. She could be that new bug hero—what's their name?"

"Spiderman." Izumi supplies after a brief spell of silence. For some reason her voice causes a hush over the room. Girls who were chatting before pause, turning to look at her with bug eyed expressions. "Thanks for the compliment..." She raises a brow at the pink girl.

"Mina!"

"Right."

——

"But sir! There are twenty-one of us! How will you divide the teams?"

All-might's eyes find Iuzmi's navy and grey within a sea of colors easily. "Young Umi!" She cringes at the nickname. Only three people have called her that, and two are dead to her. "Would you like to answer that?"

Fourty-two pairs of eyes spotlight onto her. Izumi was already just getting used to the hive of thoughts, now she's got to deal with their eyes as well. Fuck you All-Might. You and your customary units. Her teeth grind together as she grits a response, "I have my heroes license already. So I'm excluded from any Heroic Training class. Besides Rescue work." Once again her voice causes silence. At least verbally that is.

All-Might nods in satisfaction. "Young Umi is already a Pro!" Fuck you. This is why you're an American.

The class gasps in sink. "What pro?!?!" A guy in a green bunny costume practically screams. His thoughts scream the same and it takes everything in Izumi not to punt him. She settles for her usual scowl instead.

"Spiderman!" Mina yells back, she snaps her fingers, "It makes so much more sense!"

Izumi's eyes find All-Mights. Who is rather pleased with himself over the current situation. Stop this. Izumi pleads with her eyes. Is this because she ate his thin mints? There's no way he would cause her so much shit because of that right? Fuck. Nezu's gonna have her killed.

Short chapter bc im tired. Comment lots please!! Helps with more motivation