Nine

A/N
Themes of cannibalism,murder, and all my usual nasty stuff!

The room is dark. So pitch black it's blue. Even worse than the lack of light, is how cramped it is. Skin to skin, children collectively wail. A symphony of agony. Grabbing at anything in order to pretend it's lost toys and mothers.

They don't know who takes them out of the room, nor how. There's a creek of a door, and then one less voice in the orchestra. The capture is swift. Quiet. And one day, suddenly, they're able to sit without touching one another. They're able to quiet their sobs, sniffling and chirping through the silence names that will be long forgotten.

One day, a child comes back. Holding a candle, creating long shadows along the walls. Izumi's able to see the relatively pristine cage they reside in. The child is small, skinny and malnourished, but to the remaining children it's an angel. All of it's teeth are on full display, beckoning with two fingers.

Some scramble to follow, anything to keep the light around. Then, the small light is gone. Along with it those who followed. The only remains wonky bones and a stench so fowl it chases away the starvation. It makes most of the living gag, eyes constantly watery.

It would take many years for Izumi to realize why He had screamed, burying the noise into her shoulder. The older children knew better. Knew survival was the most important. Yes, it had satisfied the long hunger in her belly.

But Izumi Shinso would never eat the same again. She would forever remember tearing human muscle off the bone and swallowing down the flesh that came with it.

The saviors came in the form of a blast of light. So long had they lived in darkness, that when the light came many hissed and turned away.

"I told you we'd be saved." Abel whispered to her, as the light revealed what monsters they had become. The floor riddled with things that used to be children chewed and most curled up, writhing like maggots. "God is good. He'd never allow...this."

Izumi had nodded then. As she had done for so long. Occasionally fingerspelling kanji and english letters into His arms. But all the room did was turn her into some sort of bug. Quietly listening. Latching onto Abel, the brighter, stronger one. Lurking to survive.

Which is why, when the White Lab coat wrenched the two apart in angelic glory. Cold hands like clamps of iron, Izumi did not scream. She didn't kick, or bite like Abel. Who dug His nails into the dirt in retaliation, screaming for her. She let them take her. Quietly docile, just like they wanted.

A/N
Short chapter but hows that for an update.