five | nature brings comfort

Almost a month and a half had passed since the newly found mates had met.

Since that time, Jasper's and Stephanos' relationship had truly grown. Going from strangers, to friends, and now while not lovers they grew into something special.

Stephanos no longer forced himself to fight the bond. He instead opened his heart more and more by the day as he knew he couldn't keep his emotions secret. He was open about how he felt, completely honest even though it wasn't needed because Jasper could feel his emotions. Stephanos made it known what was too much for him and how slow he needed things to go, and Jasper being his usual self respected every request.

Jasper was happy for the growth that Stephanos was going through. He could see and feel that the prince was trying his best to make it work. No matter how long it took for Stephanos to love him he would wait. He was proud of Stephanos for no longer lying to himself. He loved that he was getting to see more sides of his mate with each passing day.

Stephanos showed him nothing short of malice and frustration when they first met but as the weeks went by he saw his mates true personality shine. Once he opened up completely, Jasper was given kindness that even surpassed Esme's. At first he seemed so quick to anger but truthfully he had a perfect hold on his emotions when not overwhelmed. He was playful and held a slight innocence in his eyes that contrasted greatly with the authority he carried himself with.

Above all though, his mate was always in a constant state of fright. Frightened that he would hurt his father's, guards, and now mate. Frightened that Jasper was tired of waiting for him and taking things slow. So frightened that he asked his mate everyday if he was truly okay with the reality they were destined to live.

Not that Jasper minded in the slightest, he was only saddened that Stephanos never had a moment of rest. Never had a moment to be carefree without worry. He wanted to make that a reality. Jasper wished for his mate to finally be happy and content with his reality.

°

"Jasper, dear," Stephanos called as he walked into his room,"I am terribly sorry for intruding,"

"Are you?" Jasper asked teasingly, looking up from the book he was currently reading, surprisingly not a book on the civil war

Smirking, Stephanos chuckled,"Not entirely, no"

"What do you need?" Jasper questioned with a chuckle as Stephanos sat on the couch across from him

"I don't need anything," Stephanos shrugged,"But If you would please accompany me to my greenhouse, I would be most appreciative," he told him softly, a smile on his face as he thought of his surprise

"Then lead the way," Jasper said, standing and opened the door for his mate,"I don't think I've ever seen your greenhouse," he commented as they started their walk

"Only people I trust are allowed," Stephanos told him, looking back at him with a grin

"Is this your way of letting me know I have your trust?" Jasper questioned jokingly, though he was being serious with his question

"No," Stephanos chuckled, shaking his head as they reached another garden of his,"I'm surprised you need clarification that you do indeed have my trust," he said to him, giving Jasper an amused look

"Well, you can never be too sure," Jasper shrugged, earning a deadpan

"You're an empath," Stephanos muttered, rolling his eyes with a smile,"You of all people can always be sure,"

"That's true," Jasper mumbled with a chuckle, nodding in agreement,"But I'd prefer to hear it from you," he told him honestly, giving him a soft smile

"I trust you, Jasper" Stephanos replied, though he did not turn around to say it, keeping his focus forward as they almost reached the greenhouse