ELEVEN

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

For the past two days I've been in a loop of emotions

For the past two days I've been in a loop of emotions. From the bad anniversary, to the revealed cheating, then the stalking at the club.

I feel like I've been lost in my mind.

When I was with Q & Sky my mind was silent, the bitch in my head wasn't blabbering about how pathetic and foolish I was.

But when I'm alone I feel so used up.

Today I was finally alone with my thoughts for a while. I faced the madness, let out the tears and feelings that I held onto and then when it started to get bad I picked myself up with music.

The cherry on top was Mondo.

He was like an oasis in the middle of a desert.

I don't think I'm ready for anything new. Yet I find myself getting lost in him the more we talk, watching his body movements a little more than I should, feeling my heart pounding every time he gives me that look or licks his bottom lip causally.

Friends.

I don't need to open my wounds so quickly but I keep getting ahead of myself. I find myself so deep in conversation and so lost in the butterflies he gives me to even think about Chris.

The man is casting spells on me, and I'm not mad about it.

Mondo had just hung up so he could take a shower while I took mine. I told him I needed to wash up since it was getting late and I was ready to snuggle under the covers, so we just agreed to FaceTime each other back in an hour.

I take my bonnet off and connect my phone to the speaker in the bathroom before clicking on Drake's Take Care album—letting it soothe me. I sang along softly walking to my closet to pick out my night clothes.

I settled on my long sleeve gray bodysuit, some lace underwear and my bunny slippers. Making my way back in the bathroom I stripped out my clothes and stepped in the shower letting the hot water run over me.

Showers always relax me.

I finish up after about twenty minutes and dry myself off before moisturizing and doing my skin care.

I decided to go downstairs to get a drink and a few snacks after getting dressed. I hate when I get comfortable in bed and have to get up again because of my stomach is being greedy.

When I make my way back upstairs my music pauses on the speaker and is replaced by my ringtone, I look at the screen to see Sky calling before answering happily.

"Bitch you don't even know the day I've had" she spoke before I could even get a hey out

Hey to you too, what happened?