SEVENTEEN

Asialyn B.  Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

I woke up with a pounding headache, I refused to open my eyes but I quickly noticed the loss of mondos' warm arms and legs wrapped around me, I felt around in the bed next to me checking if he had just moved more to the other side

Empty.

Damn.

You actually thought that man would want to deal with you...

HA.

Bitch please you clearly got wayyy too much going on.

Raimondo is a man with his own business. You think he got time for that ghetto ass shit? What exactly did you think was going to happen?

I reached for my phone and checked the time.

8:42 am

I usually wake up a little later than this but truly, that was the best sleep I've had in a while. I feel Relaxed.

I checked my notifications but saw nothing from Sky so I knew she wasn't awake yet—nothing from Raimondo either. I started to wonder how he really felt, and if he had meant anything he said last night. If he did don't you think he would've told you he was leaving silly.

I'm going to the Police Department today but I'm not gonna lie I'm ready to get all this over with at this point. I have so much to do— the main thing right now is looking for a new place.

I'm going with an apartment. I just want something cute and calm. I've also been thinking about getting a dog—or cat, maybe.. I'm still trying to decide. I just don't want to be alone—in a new place too at that.

I start brushing my teeth and combing the tangles out my hair to get ready for the day. Not wanting to look too busted, I applied a decent amount of makeup around my eye to cover the bruising.

You can still kind of see it but it's not as noticeable as before so I'll take that.

My phone rang, getting my attention quickly. I looked down at Mondo's contact and took a breath before pressing the answer button .

"Hello"

"Good morning bambina—can you come open the door"

and there it goes again—the tingly feeling is back.

"Okay, coming" I said with a smile and rushed down the stairs to the front door.

I was happy mondo didn't just pimp out on me, but then again who am I to be upset even if he did—this man don't owe me shit.

I unlock the door and open it wide taking in mondo with three bags in each of his hands and a smile on his face

"Hey gorgeous"  he walked in and went straight to the kitchen