THIRTY FIVE

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

 Duncan Las Vegas, Nevada

3:56am

I stared into the low and dazed eyes of Chris sorry ass. They no longer had him standing up with his arms in chains above his head as before. Instead they were now tied behind him to the chair placed in the center of the room.  I guess since he couldn't hold himself up anymore—with his broken knees an all, they moved him here.

He was still completely naked. His body and face looked like he had been put through a fucking blender. It was ten times worse than the damage Quin did from when they'd first brought him here.

Most of it from me I believe...

His open wounds and nearly swollen shut eyes were almost enough to make me feel bad for him. I caught myself multiple times wanting to look away, practically wincing at the sight . Then I remember everything he did to make me hate him or how we'd even got to this point...and that numb feeling seeps back in.

I'm pretty sure I've heard every combination of screams, cries and apologies from him. None of it satisfied me like I thought it would. I was still enraged.

I still felt betrayed and played. It was just till now that I realized nothing about this was going to change the hurt that still exists in my heart.

It made me think of Quin's comment from the other night...maybe he was right—this wasn't me.

Since then Quin has called and sent multiple text messages, that I hadn't answered yet mostly asking if I was okay and mentioning how he wanted me to come back to his apartment since he knew I was safe from Chris. It was clear he had a problem with me here, of course he didn't fail to note how he still wanted his rounds with Mondo for that punch. I'm not sure if it's because of the light scuffle they had or just pure worry why he was going so hard about this. But I was fine where I was. I felt safe here—and just to make things better I'd gotten approved for my apartment yesterday so I had somewhere to go. Whenever it was time for that.

I'd grown to absolutely love it here but I knew I couldn't say forever. I still wasn't quite used to Mondos men standing at random corners of the room in this big ass mansion —they continuously get a light jump out of me every now and again. Them niggas always posted up with no emotion on their face and I could tell they was strapped.

Honestly I still didn't understand any of this, this whole Mafia thing Mondo was talking about didn't have me as worried when he first told me truly I just chopped it all up to him being a rich ass drug dealer but slowly I'm starting to see that it's way more than that. Like some kind of cult..