Background

The Mustelid Galaxy— a galaxy shaped like a mustelid— is home to mustelids of all species (ferrets, weasels, otters, wolverines, badgers, and many others). However, only the Heart of the Galaxy is home to self-aware mustelids.

All mustelids have Elemental Powers, which allow them to create, modify, or destroy any obstacle they desire. And it is thanks to the Cosmic Warriors that many mustelids can remain safe on their planets and preserve their Elemental Powers.

However, the Great Cosmic Explosion left an impact on time and space: it destroyed a barrier called Spectrum Zero. This destruction has enabled "Nullifiers" from alternate, nonexistent Would-be Worldlines to enter the Reality Worldline. These Nullifiers look identical to the mustelids who were the Chosen Trio: Wyatt the weasel, Oswald the otter, and Felix the ferret. Each of their Null forms threaten to replace the Reality Worldline with the alternative Would-be Worldline that they came from (i.e., the Null Wyatts would rewrite the Worldline as if Wyatt had never been born, the Null Felix would rewrite the Worldline as if Felix had never been born, the Null Oswald would rewrite the Worldline as if Oswald had never been born).

Thus, Wyatt trains to become a stronger Cosmic Warrior to fight off all the Nulls. With Jedidiah as his mentor, Wyatt is determined that he will be unstoppable at saving the Reality Worldline.

But Wyatt is also determined to stop the Nulls from entering Reality in the first place. And the only way to do so is to obtain the White Key and unlock a special door in the Ultra Chamber– the door that would allow the spirits of Forefounder Ferrets Lester and Lula to return to their physical bodies. Only in their physical bodies can the two Forefounder Ferrets use the Elemental Powers to restore Spectrum Zero and prevent any Nulls from leaking into the Reality Worldline again.

Unfortunately, obtaining the White Key isn't as easy as Wyatt hoped. Felix was the only ferret who spontaneously figured out how to create the White Key– and the White Key can only be created once and used once. Even more, Felix has discovered many other doors he can potentially unlock in the Ultra Chambers– each one would allow many other spirits to return to their physical bodies. The endless options and possibilities of spirits who can return leave the young ferret indecisive about who to use the White Key for.

And as Wyatt pursues the ferret, determined to grab the White Key and save the Reality Worldline, Wyatt himself experiences tension about which spirits he would rather resurrect.

It also doesn't help that Lester and Lula love their timeless spiritual bodies and would rather not return to their physical forms.

And it also doesn't help that Oswald is engaging in all sorts of whacky experiments to restore the Spectrum without having Lester and Lula return to their physical bodies (though every so often, he agrees to help Wyatt's pursuit of Felix).

Nevertheless, Wyatt, Felix, Zorro, and the many other mustelids chasing after Felix experience much tension about what they will do with the White Key when get their hands on it. And although they and their Forefounders are told that their Worldline will never be replaced by an alternate one, and that the Nulls will surely be stopped, the greatest struggle is maintaining their conscious belief in such an incredible truth.

NOTE: These entries have continuity (i.e., each subsequent entry takes place after the preceding one), but are episodic and can be read in any order.

Additionally, the ending is already set: the mustelids all end up in the Place Beyond Time and Space as their authentically purified selves (just as is promised to them by the mustelid spirits who are already dwelling there).

These entries are therefore a series of episodic events that happen within the context of an overarching plot and overarching themes.