𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄

Passion is a most dangerous thing for a woman to have

Everyone is born with a heart and soul containing the potential for virtue, at least in the eyes of Venus Hummingstill they are. In the years following the war, everyone's virtue has been tested in ways greater than they ever expected, including her own. The fight for survival is not only known by the far off Districts, the Capitol has too seen and endured the hardship of the Dark Days. While the opulence has returned and multiplied, some ritualistic practices still remain as a stain on history.

The Tenth Annual Hunger Games are here, lackluster in popularity, but steady excitement hums across the Capitol as people wonder what to expect after the bloodbath of the previous years games. What the citizens weren't aware of, was the ferocious defiance Venus displayed in front of Head Gamemaker Dr. Volumnia Gaul, questioning the games and their necessity for the progression of humankind. With each word she uttered in resistance, borderline rebellion, she was to face a punishment of academic embarrassment meant to keep her in line and on track.

Venus never cracked under the pressure, never allowed anyone see her fail. Using anger and ambition as a means of fuel, she regained her spot at the top of her class right in time for the Academy's graduation. Bidding Dr. Gaul, Dean Highbottom, and the person she shared the glory of top academia with, one Coriolanus Snow, goodbye as freedom from their grasp would soon be hers. However, as soon as she begins to feel comfort settled in her life, her virtue is tested once more as she is appointed as a mentor in this years Hunger Games, with a prize greater than anything Strabo Plinth could offer hanging above her head.

Can Venus live up to the pressure with honor, or, will she be eaten alive by the guilt of a child's life in her hands?

Welcome to the Tenth Annual Hunger Games

OR...

in which Venus Hummingstill must trust her life in the hands of her enemy, Coriolanus Snow, and have faith that Snow will land on top.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞

𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚DISCLAIMER ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

I do not own The Hunger Games or The Battle of Songbirds and Snakes

All rights belong to Miss Suzanne Collins, big thank you to her pushing her pen all these years and giving us all something to bond over!

I do own my characters and their plot lines.

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ WARNING ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

TBOSAS spoilers (book and film), themes of death, violence, gore, enemies to lovers, obsession, gaslighting, corruption, toxic relationships, brainwashing and mental abuse. Young Snow is not made to be desirable, there is nothing in this fic that will redeem him in any way, shape, or form.