[28] YOU & ME

"WHAT ARE THE bloody chances?" Cami whisper-shouted in my ear, clutching my arm and shaking it as she sent surreptitious glances to our left. I raised my eyes and immediately averted them.

  When I'd said no to going out with Orion this weekend, and I hadn't expected to immediately run into him on said weekend while he was with Dean.

  This was awkward to a whole different level. I could only pray they couldn't see us.

  "They see us," Cami moaned as if all the hope had just left her body. "For the love of god, Salome, get me out of here."

  "No can do," I said grimly. "We're stuck. Unless you want them to hunt us down later and demand to know why we ran away when we so obviously saw them?"

  "Better than running into them here."

  "Here, you have me," I slanted her a glance, "if he hunts you down later, you won't have that to your advantage."

  "Fuck. Here they come."

  The smile on Orion's face was far more pleasant than whatever it was on Orion's. "Hey, didn't expect to run into you guys here."

  Cami rolled her eyes besides me. I gave her a nudge and she scowled. "Yeah. Uh. How nice."

  Amused, I muttered her name under my breath in a half-warning. She glared at me in response.

  "Shopping?" Dean asked, voice tighter than usual.

  "Yeah, just getting some new clothes," I said, shrugging. "We just got some stuff from Hollister."

  "Yeah, we're on our way to the next shop now."

  "Are you telling us we should go away?" Dean asked, raising one brow at Cami.

  "That's not what I said—"

  "Right. Yeah. Have you guys had lunch yet?" Orion asked, mustering a smile.

  "No, we were just about to go find a restaurant, actually," I said dryly, knowing full well it was contradicting what Cami had just been saying. "I think we better be on our way."

  "Oh, I was thinking we could grab something together."

  Silence. And then Cami's hands wrapped around my arms, yanking me in the other direction. "No thanks! We'll be fine on our own, nothing for you guys to worry about!"

  "Camille Tsang!" Dean suddenly snapped. "Don't be childish."

  Silence, and then: "Oh, so now I'm the childish one, yeah? Fuck off, Hui Zit-hei, leave us alone you stupid, idiotic—"

  "Enough." That was me, shooting both of them a look. "We're out in public. If you feel like having a screaming match, at least wait until we're in private."

  "He's insufferable," she hissed, glaring daggers at him.

  He glared right back. "But still nowhere as childish as you."

  Orion and I shared an exasperated look. He had to realise that having lunch together right now with these two was not going to end well, right? But the other part of him also didn't want to give up the chance to spend more time with me. Even if it meant having to deal with whatever the hell was going on between Dean and Cami right now. I didn't think there was a single term that could explain what exactly was occurring there except absolute chaos.

  "You know the noodles place down the street?" Orion finally suggested, tilting his head. "Fancy getting something there together?"

  I glanced at Cami. She was too busy glaring at Dean to realise, so I shook her a little. "Noodles place, Cami?"