Already Proud - PhayuRain (Final)

His parents right away got up and went to hug him, all their worry pouring out of them now that their son had woken up. Both were teary eyed and they embraced the boy as much as they could, still being careful with the tubes that were hooked to him.

"You worried us so much, Rain!" exclaimed his mother, who had buried her face on his shoulder. "Please don't do it again, son. Don't push yourself so hard."

Rain began feeling guilty seeing how everyone had been so concerned about him. He had truly gone too far and if he continued who knows what else would happen to him.

"I'm sorry...I should have listened to all of you when you were telling me to take a break and take care of myself...I just wanted to make all of you proud and prove that I am capable of becoming an architect..."

The family pulled away and Rain's father placed his hands on the shoulders, leading the boy to look up at him.

"Son, you don't have to push yourself anymore because we are already proud of you!" declared Rain's father, who surprised the boy with his words. "You have improved so much and you are doing so well. We truly mean it when we say that we are proud of you, Rain."

Rain was doubting the things his father said and looked down, but Sky, Prapai and Phayu pulled him into a hug this time.

"You mustn't forget to take care of yourself even if you are very busy," said Sky, who already had experience regarding that. "Studying and working is important but you must take breaks and not neglect other things too. You can do both instead of choosing just one of them."

Rain nodded and held onto his friends and boyfriend, who were providing him the comfort and warmth he needed at the moment.

"Don't give into your stubbornness when you are told to stop, Rain," voiced Prapai, who patted his head. "And if you can't really do it, we will help you out, so you just need to listen to us."

He gave a nod and kept leaning into their touch, feeling the most comfortable with those he considered his second family.

Once they backed away, Prapai checked his watch. It was already quite late and the both of them had to get up early to work and go to college, not to mention that Sky looked tired after having dealt with classes earlier that day, then working on his assignments and finally coming to see Rain.

"We are going to leave. It's late and we shouldn't go to sleep very late."

Rain's parents also stood up, planning to go home as well. They quickly turned to Phayu and Rain, who were once again next to one another and holding hands.

"We are going home too. Phayu, take care of our son and let us know when he gets discharged." said Rain's mother before they turned to the door.

"I will. Don't worry about it."

She quickly turned to her son, unable to actually leave without saying a few more things to him.

"And you, my stubborn boy, you better be a good boy and listen, okay?"

Rain voiced a yes to not concern her any further and also show that he planned on doing so from then on.

They bid farewell to them and exited the room, leaving only the couple inside. They were left in silence for a couple of minutes as Rain was a bit nervous to face Phayu while they were alone considering how much he had worried the man. He feared that he would be angry, even though the older one hadn't really shown any signs of it.

"Rain."

The boy turned to the long black haired man, who was still holding his hand and occasionally giving him some caresses. He panicked a bit, awaiting a scolding from him, but it never came. Phayu quickly saw that he thought he was going to be told off.

"Hey, don't worry," he voiced right away, pulling him into his arms and trying to soothe him. "I'm not angry at you and I wasn't planning on scolding you the same way I tend to always do."

Rain relaxed a bit, though in his head he was showering him with all sorts of negative thoughts.

"You aren't angry? Or disappointed? Or considering that I'm not worthy of being by your side?"

Phayu smiled sadly when he pulled away and grabbed his chin to lift the head of the boy so that he would look him in the eyes.

"Rain, I'm not disappointed in you at all. Even though you really worried me and you didn't listen to us and carried on with your reckless behavior, I'm not angry at all. It's frustrating, but I won't really be angry. Don't worry because you are worthy of being by my side and I'm happy that you are with me. That won't ever change."

Phayu placed his hands on the boy's cheek as he approached it even more to his.

"Just like your parents said, I'm also already proud of you and your progress, so you don't have to take it so far. You are already doing well without having to push yourself to the limit. Nobody is perfect and you are no exception, so don't be afraid to show that you aren't perfect. I fully accept everything and I love you regardless of anything, okay?"

Rain couldn't stop himself from tearing up and Phayu once again placed his arms around him to provide some comfort, gently caressing him.

"It's okay. Everything is okay now. Don't worry."

He gave the younger one some kisses on his forehead, which really proved to be effective in soothing Rain. He let out everything with Phayu holding him till he had released everything. The older one then placed him back down on the bed again and covered him with the bedsheets.

"Rest. It's late and you are probably still feeling tired."

Rain sure was still exhausted, but he still wanted to be in Phayu's arms, so he held onto his shirt, not wanting him to leave his side.

"Don't worry. I will stay by your side. I will hold your hand since I can't wrap my arms around you."

The man prepared the couch in order to be able to sleep on it and, once done, he approached it as much as possible to the hospital bed and then laid down, holding Rain's hand. They both gave into sleep not so long after.

_________________________________________________

The next morning, the doctors checked out Rain and, seeing that he had been able to regain strength and he had even eaten and drunk during breakfast time, they allowed him to go home.

That day, the couple spent the entire day at home, mostly cuddling in bed, with Rain now more than sure that Phayu was not lying when he said that he would not consider him unworthy of being by his side.

From that day on, he never took his body to its limit ever again, carefully being watched over by his friends and Phayu, who were always there for him when he needed someone to tell him to stop and, of course, were already proud of him.