Triggered - PrapaiSky (1)

CONTENT WARNING!!!

The following story has graphic depictions of violence, implied rape and also has depictions of abuse. 

DO NOT READ IT IF YOU GET TRIGGERED BY ANY OF THOSE THINGS. 

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

_______________________________________________________________________________

The sun was rising when Sky and Prapai awoke that day, finding themselves in each other's arms.

It was going to be a different day as Sky was going to his first appointment with a new therapist after the first one he had gone to didn't help him that much and behaved in quite the unprofessional way.

The young man had found himself opening up to that woman about his past and being told that he should have already gotten over it because it had happened many years ago, ignoring that he was precisely going to her in order to be able to recover from it. It had been an awful experience and it felt like his trauma was not that deep as to still be stuck in it. It was invalidating and it didn't make the boy feel any better.

As for Prapai, he became enraged with that woman and told Sky that she was not a good therapist if that was what she had to say about his past and convinced him to quit while he tried to find a new one. Prapai looked up and after some searches, he found one that had many positive reviews. Sky decided to give that one a try, hoping that this time he would be able to get the help he needed from her.

Getting up from bed, the older man noticed that Sky was nervous, his legs restless and his hands playing with the hem of the shirt he was wearing. He quickly approached him and took his hands in his, gently caressing them.

"Don't worry, Sky. Everything will be okay this time. I'm sure she will be a good one."

Sky wasn't all that sure. His mind was already telling him that he shouldn't trust anyone else after that bad experience and his overall experience with people in the past, so he was full of doubts.

"I'm scared of being told that I should have already gotten over it again," expressed the young man as he held onto his boyfriend's hands. "It makes me feel as if it's not that deep."

Prapai decided to pull him into a hug, which usually helped a lot. He let the boy press against his chest, surrendering himself into his arms.

"It was something very traumatic for you, so it's normal for your mind to struggle with recovering from it," reassured the man as he caressed the boy's hair. "It's precisely why you are going to therapy. You need some extra help to recover and that's perfectly fine, so don't feel bad."

Sky relaxed a little bit, his mind no longer as anxious as it was earlier. As they pulled away, Prapai held his hands again as they looked at each other.

"Don't worry. In case something happens, I will quickly go to you. My father told me that if it's something concerning you urgently, then I can leave to help you.

Sky didn't really want to disturb Prapai when he was at work. He didn't want to feel like a burden and get in the way of Prapai's job, so he often hesitated to ask him for help.

Prapai could already tell what he was thinking and he quickly reassured him again.

"I already know you are thinking that you will be like a burden, but don't worry, you are not and never will be to me."