35 THE ANGST

target:
100 votes
100+ comments

listen to "Illahi" while reading :)
____________________________________________________

Kiara's POV

I couldn't believe it. It's the same bouquet he gave me. Why would he give her a bouquet? So many questions were running through my mind non-stop. I needed answers and I'll go crazy without them.

Ignoring the broken coffee cup on the floor and the spilled coffee and ran to my office to get my phone and call him. I miss Ava. Normally in situations like these she would calm me down but now she's not here. She is my pillar of support.

I clicked on his contact and waited for him to pick up. Each second passing by was giving me immense anxiety but no, he didn't pick up. I called him again and the same thing happened, he didn't pick up.

What the fuck is he doing? I'm pretty sure he knows about the headlines now.

As I was about to call him again, I got a call from Aarohi. I picked it up and heard shuffling noises on the other side.

"Dude you okay? I'll come over" She said.

"Yeah I'm fine and you don't have to come over" I told her but I was nothing near fine.

"You're not. Stop lying Kiara"

"I'll call you later, I'm busy" I said and cut the call. I can't deal with this right now, I have to deal with something more important.

I called Ayaan once again and he didn't pick up.
That's it. I'm done. He needs to know when and when not to pick up his damn phone, especially in a situation like this!

I took my car keys and drove home. Might as well wait for him there and surprise his ass.
As I was walking out, I noticed the bouquet he gave me. I mean-- he gave us. All that show for absolutely nothing.

While driving home, I couldn't help but think of everything. Him calling me 'amore mio', giving me roses, calming me when I had panic attacks and every other thing. I know he meant all of that but right now doesn't seem like it. I feel stupid for doubting him but no one will understand unless you're in a situation like this.
I'm obviously not going to ignore him without knowing his side of the story. I can only hope he comes home soon.

Time skip
At home
Kiara's POV

As soon as I reached home, I parked my car and rushed inside hoping he would be there.

To my disappointment, he wasn't. Now I have to wait until sir decides to come home. Great.

I went to the kitchen to pour a glass of water to calm myself down, as if that would help. I can't help but wonder why he met up with that Aahana. As far as I know, he has no reason to, unless he hid something from me. Which better not be the case or someone's about to sleep in the streets for the rest of their lives.

I sat on the couch and scrolled through reels trying to distract myself from everything and every message I got from the girls and surprisingly Reyansh, and Ahaan. I didn't have the mood to reply to them right now so I ignored their texts too.

As I was scrolling, I heard the car pulling up into the house. Must be Ayaan. Hopefully I'm calm while talking to him, can't promise anything though.

I stood up and saw him enter the house in a hurry. In a hurry but still late.

"Mind explaining everything that happened?" I asked him as I crossed my hands on my chest and waited for his explanation. He better have a valid one or he's done for.