My Cinderella

Warning Strong Language:

Mare PoV:

"Stay focused lieutenant," Sharon's voice came through my earpiece again, feeling my cheeks turning red at the thought of Madeline Usher taking me to her bed and having her way with me all night long, I looked around the room again, seeing everyone was still watching us dancing, including our suspect, that gave me an idea.

"Why Madeline Usher, I'm sure the prince never said that to Cinderella, during their first dance," I said with a chuckle, making Madeline laugh a little as well.

"Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, we will never know, however he is a man, and men are as stupid as they are simple, you're better off with me Cinderella," Madeline says making me blush.

"Alright Cinderella, thank her for the dance and get back to work, that's an order," Sharon's voice came through my earpiece again sounding quite annoyed, I place my head on Madeline's shoulder as we continue swaying to the music.

"Negative suspect staring right at us," I whisper into my hidden microphone, hoping Madeline wouldn't hear me.

"What did you say?" Madeline asked, damn it, I think as I lift my head off her shoulder to look at her again.

"I said, everyone's staring at us," I say, this was good, very good I was slowly getting to where I needed to be in this conversation, to try and get some information out of her, I just hope what I get is good enough that Captain Raydor won't rip me a new one in her office later or tomorrow morning as it's getting late.

"Just like in Cinderella, when the prince and Cinderella were fucking dancing, everyone was watching them, especially the fucking women, do you know why?... I will tell you why because Cinderella was the most fucking beautiful woman in the whole room, no in the whole fucking kingdom, they were fucking jealous of her, just like everyone in this room is jealous of you, because just like Cinderella, you are the most beautiful woman here, my Cinderella," Madeline tells me before leaning in and giving my lips a very light kiss.

"Well, if am your Cinderella, does that make you, my Prince?" I ask her before running my tongue over my top lip.

"Am not a prince or princess, am a mother fucking queen without a crown and you my dear are my Cinderella, however unlike Cinderella you won't be running out on me at midnight, so let them stare at us all they've fucking want," Madeline tells me sending a chill running down my spine. I take that opportunity to look around the room again, my eyes meeting our suspects cold eyes, the eyes of a killer, I lean forward so that I could whisper in her ear.

"Then why does that man standing across the room, sending me death stares as if he was about to kill me? Is he a jealous ex-lover?" I ask not taking my eyes off our suspect.

"what's he look like?" Madeline asked me.

"Dark hair, wearing a navy-blue suit, standing next to a red head," with that say Madeline suddenly without warning spins us around a couple of times in a circle before stopping, so that she was now facing our suspect.

"That is no ex-lover of mine, that is Archer Blake, and these death stares are for me not you my Cinderella," Madeline tells me; however, it isn't enough I needed more.

"Why? Did you run over his dog or something?" I ask her, knowing a simple why? Most likely wouldn't get much information out of her.

"I personally haven't done anything to him, he blames my brother for his sister's death," Madeline inform me, that was news to us, we knew his sister had been killed in a car crash two years ago, however we had no reason to investigate his sister's death, as they wasn't any connection to the man we believed he killed, a man named Rod Peterson, who was a business associate of Roderick Usher, had we been looking at this case all wrong?