Take the Morning

Mare's Pov:

I haven't slept much last night, after getting home from the hospital, for two reasons, reason one my body hurts like hell after the beating I had taken from Archer Blake in the bathroom, reason two I couldn't stop thinking about Madeline, replaying every word in my mind, remembering the feel of her hands on my body, the way she had pinned me up against the bar and kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

The paramedics had insisted on taking me to the hospital last night, turned out I needed stitches at the back of my head, I hadn't even realised I had hit my head, it must have happened when Archer slammed me against the bathroom wall, the hospital did a CAT scan just to make sure I didn't have any underlining injuries or brain damage, I was lucky apart from some bruises, plus the cut on the back of my head, the doctors at the hospital had ordered me to take the next couple of days off, I wasn't having any of that, it had taken some doing however they had finally allowed me to return to work, on light duties only, that meant being stuck behind my desk for the next two to three days, I guess it's better than being stuck at home.

However, one good thing about being stuck behind a desk, meant I got the next two to three days to go over all the evidence into Archer Blake sister's death with a fine tooth comb, Kalynn Blake had died almost a year ago, after the doctors at the hospital gave me some very strong painkillers, they finally let me go home, it was after two in the morning when I finally walked through the door to my home, I placed my phone on charge on my bedside table, I thought about sending Captain Raydor a message to let her know I was finally home as she had messaged me while I was still at the hospital waiting to be seem, she was most likely asleep by now, I decided to wait and talk to her later.

After a shower, I climbed into bed, once I got into a comfortable position, checked my phone I can't deny I felt disappointed that I hadn't received a call or message from Madeline, I guess she must have just thrown away my number, maybe it was for the best, It's isn't like I could actually see myself in a relationship with the woman, beside I have only thought of her to be some kind of distraction for a little while, now that I'd had time to think about her and our time together, I knew I'm drawn to her in a way I have never been drawn to anyone in my life, including Captain Raydor.

In an attempt to stop myself from thinking about Madeline, I re-read Sharon's messages she had sent me while I was at the hospital, her first message was seeing if I was alright, I had simply reply with a, I'm fine, the second message was asking me what the doctors had said, my reply that time was "still waiting to be seem," she replied straight away asking me to keep her informed, then asked if I wanted her to come to the hospital to keep me company, I had been very tempted to say yes, however I had told her it was late and she should go home and get some sleep, that I would see her in the morning.

Even if Sharon couldn't love me back or love me the way I loved her, at least she shows she cares about me, I could live with that, I could live with her friendship, with that last thought, I changed my mind and sent Sharon a message as she would see it when she wakes up.

"Hi Sharon, finally home, see you later, might be in a little late tomorrow hope that's alright? Mare xxx," I hit send before placing my phone under my pillow and allowing sleep to take me.

****************************************************************************************

I woke up with a grown at hearing my phone making a dinging sound, letting me know I have received a new message, with another grown I roll onto my back , throwing my arms above my head, stretching my body in an attempt to wake up, that was a mistake because the moment I started stretching pain shot up my back, causing me to yell out in pain.

I slowly roll back onto my side, sitting up sideways doing my best not to yell out in pain again, I open the bottle of pain killers the doctor at the hospital prescribe me, I pop two into my mouth and drink the water that set on my bedside table, I want to just sit here and wait for the pain killers to kick in, unfortunately my bladder was so full, that I cannot wait for the pain to ease-up, slowly and carefully getting up off the bed, I made my way into my bathroom.