The truth is out:

Mare's PoV:

"You really shouldn't be in here," I said after turning back on both my microphone and camera, hoping it had actually turned back on since this was new technology we were using, I had never had an on/off switch in my ring before and was hoping it was waterproof.

"I wanted to talk to you," Archer Blake says taking a step towards me, I in-turn take a step backwards away from him, "now, Now there is no need to be frightened, I'm not going to hurt you," Archer Blake says holding up his hands palms outward towards me.

"Don't worry Lieutenant, we saw him entering the bathroom, just say the word and we are coming in," Captain Raydor's voice came through my earpiece, at hearing her voice I instantly felt a wave of relief knowing they were aware of the situation I was currently in and that my back up was just behind the door.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" thinking that why he was with me, he was nowhere near Madeline, plus he might be more open to talking to me since he was the one who approached me and had no idea I was working undercover.

"Madeline Usher, I watch the two of you, dancing, you need to stay away from her and that whole family, they are covered in nothing but darkness, destroying everything they touch," Archer says trying to reach out to touch my face, I took another step away from him.

"I know who you are, your Archer Blake, Madeline told me all about what happened to your sister, I'm truly sorry, I really am, from what Madeline told me, her death was just a tragic accident, the Usher family have nothing to do with her death, the ushers were going to take care of your sister and her unborn child," I says letting him know partly what Madeline had told me, I didn't mention anything they lawyers, or that she told me he had lose his investment, not yet anyway as I felt there was more to this story. 

"My sister is dead because of that family, if he had just married her, then she would still be alive," Archer says making my stomach turn upside down and not in a good way.

"What do you mean?" I asked, I could sense he was becoming very unstable.

"Roderick Usher isn't an honourable man, he dishonoured me, he used his charms on me to get me to invest what little money I had, after I lost my money, I when to see him to try to reason with him, I wasn't really sure why, hoping maybe he might take pity on me and my family," Archer says with the look of a broken man, a man full of grief and lost, I wanted to give him the time he needed to tell me what he needed to say, unfortunately I knew I had a very limited timeframe.

"What did you mean, when you said your sister would still be alive if it wasn't for the Usher family?" I asked in a soft, caring tone.

"I mean that most people who gets involved with the Usher family, end up dead somehow, that family is curse, so do yourself a favour and get as far away from Madeline Usher as you can," he warned me.

"I will take that under-advisement, once you finish telling me what happen with your sister?" I was so close to getting an answer to a question we didn't even know we were looking for or think too asked at the beginning of this investigation, he let out a very heavy sigh.

"Your out of time Mrs Usher is making her way towards the ladies," Lieutenant Flynn came through my earpiece, there was no way I was letting Madeline anyway near Archer, beside we can always question him about his sister another time.

"Thank you for warning me, now if you excuse me, I can't leave Madeline waiting," I said as I try to walk around him, before I knew what was happening, he grabbed me by the arm.