Chapter Eight. Rescue

Violet / Alice POV

I sit between Jefferson's arms watching the sea together "The sunset looks beautiful" 

He nods "Very, I'm in my happiest moment right now" He faces me "I don't rush you, you know we've known each other for two days"

I look at my watch "Three days and thirty minutes"

He smiles "You count it"

"I love to count time" my phone rings "I guess time is my dear friend"

"Who is it?"

I take out my phone confused "It's Mary" I answer "Yes"

Mary Margaret says "Follow me to the police station, Sweetheart"

"I'm with Jefferson, you know I will hit you with something"

Henry talks "Come on, Alice"

"What did you do, Henry, to get arrested" Jefferson chuckles "Don't tell me you told someone else his role in our fairytale"

"Maybe I said but no, Mom in the police station, please come to us"

"And I'm sure it's not Regina" I smile "Okay, honey. I'm on my way"

"Thank you" he hangs up.

I give Jefferson poppy eyes "I have to go"

Jefferson takes my phone "Give me" he writes a number and calls.

"What are you doing?"

He gives me my phone back "I called the house phone so we will talk anytime and no one interrupts us"

"Okay"

"If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you, Dear... anytime" I nod "Anytime"

I smile "Okay"

He takes my hand kissing it "I will wait for our next meeting"

*Garden Of Memory*

Alice POV

The next day, I wake to the sound of something large sniffing outside the hat. She sits up. Suddenly, the Hat is flipped over, exposing him. I close my eyes for the end. 

A big wet nose sniffs me. It's the Bloodhound, Bayard.

I open my eyes "You turncoat! You were supposed to lead them away! The Hatter trusted you!"

The bloodhound says "They have my wife and pups."

That information does little to lessen my anger "What's your name?"

"Bayard."

"Sit!" He cocks his head and looks down at me curiously "Sit!"

He sits, amused if nothing else. Something occurs to him "Would your name be "Alice" by any chance?"

"Yes, but I'm not that one."

"The Hatter would not have given himself up for just any Alice."

"Where did they take him?"

"To the Red Queen's castle at Salazun Grum."

I look at his worn hat, remembering the pain in his eyes "We're going to rescue him."

"That is not foretold."

"I don't care. He wouldn't be there if it weren't for me."

"The Frabjous Day is almost upon us. You must prepare to meet the Jabberwocky."

"I have had quite enough! Since the moment I fell down that rabbit hole, I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice and of not being Alice. But this is my dream! I'll decide how it goes from here."