Chapter Nine. Rumplestiltskin

Violet / Alice POV

Blanchard apartment, Mary Margaret Blanchard and I sit working on needlecraft "So How is Jefferson?"

"Incredibly handsome"

"Okay, Miss"

I giggle "I'm saying the truth"

When there is a knock at the door. At the same time we say "You open it" no one move and I scoff and open the door to find Emma Swan in the hallway.

"Hey" I open the door fully looking at Mary "Just wanted to say thank you and, um" she handing Mary an evenlope "pay you back the bail money" A pause, Emma, looking exasperated, sighs.

Mary Margaret says "You look like you need to talk."

I smirk rests my arm at Mary "And I love gossips, who wants tea?"

*Garden Of Memory*

Alice POV

I approach the Bandersnatch. He growls "I have your eye" I hold it up "I'm sorry for doing it" Seeing his lost eye, the Bandersnatch whines. I slowly lift the bar to open the stall door and eases inside.

I hold the eye up. He growls. I put it on the ground near him. He sniffs it, whines, and pulls it closer with his paws.

While he's distracted, I go to the back of the stall. I see a chest covered by a tarp. I remove the tarp to reveal an ornate metal chest secured with a large lock.

Disheartened and feverish, I slump to the ground. I pull my sleeve back to look at the swollen, infected wound on her arm. I touch it, stifles a cry of pain. I glance at the Bandersnatch, still busy with his eye.

Sweating and shivering, I pull at the lock. But my vision goes dim. I blink, shaking my head. And the world goes black.

*Garden Of Memory*

I wake up. The Bandersnatch looms over me. He's managed to shove the eye back into its socket. It stares upwards uselessly.

But he seems to feel better for having it back in place. I notice a large key on a chain hung around his neck. The key to the lock. I reach for it.

The Bandersnatch sniffs my arm and the wound he inflicted. I wince but will not be deterred. I pull the key off.

The Bandersnatch gently licks the wound. His tongue is soothing. I sigh and allow him to lick the wound clean.

I look at it. Miraculously, the infection is gone and the swelling is down. I move it around.

No pain. The Bandersnatch looks at me, one eye askew.

"I suppose you think this makes us even now." I fit the key into the lock on the chest and opens it. I lift the Vorpal Sword.

It's made of shining silver with an ornate handle. I hold it up to the light. There are runes engraved on the blade. I carry it out of the stall, glancing back at the Bandersnatch before going out.

*Garden Of Memory*

Narrator POV

The Red Queen dressing room, The Dormouse tries to pick the lock to the chain around Jefferson's ankle with her hatpin.

Alice O.S. "Stand back, Mallymkun."

Alice POV

The Dormouse and the Hatter look up to see me victoriously holding the Vorpal Sword high over my head.

"How's this for "muchness"?" I bring the sword toward the chain.

Jefferson says "Stop! It mustn't be used for anything but..."