JH|goofy|

|Omniscient POV|

|Omniscient POV|

Serene threw the black fitted shirt over her head sliding it down her body. Slipping into her long cargo black skirt that stopped right above her ankle.

She was in a rush but she knew being fashionable late was better than being tacky late, and she couldn't stand feeling like she wasn't all the way put together.

Walking over to her vanity she slowly removed the green band supporting her baby hairs she laid.

Giving a small smile in satisfaction with the way they came out, she walked over to her dresser pulling out a white pair of socks.

Her phone began to ring knocking her out of her routine causing her to immediately get irritated because she knew she was about to start getting rushed.

Mommy👩🏽‍❤️‍👩🏽 is calling...

Throwing her head back she answered the phone quickly to avoid feeling her mother's slight distressed wrath.

"Serene how long before you get here? Everyone is mostly here we're only waiting on your slow ass" Her mother said without greeting.

Serene rolled her eyes, "Ma I'm 10 minutes away I got caught in-" she was cut off by a voice in the background suddenly screaming.

"She a damn lie her location say she still at the crib!" She knew it was her sister causing her to huff loudly "girl if not here in 20 minutes I'm letting these animals take every inch of this shit and u gone be left out!" She mumbled an okay and hung up to finish getting ready.

Today was thanksgiving and this year it was being held at her mother's house which meant she was supposed to be there to help prepare...but as you see she hasn't even finished preparing herself.

Slipping her socks on then the shoes she laid out which were her pink and brown adidas campus 00s.

Putting her signature jewelry on, she threw her brown coach cross body around her and made sure she had everything she needed before heading out.

Remembering she forgot a lighter she contemplated on going back in. She didn't like not carrying her own because some people could be stingy which never made sense cause it's literally a 3 dollar item...

But she was already cutting it close with about 15 minutes to get to her moms, she decided to just bet on using someone else's.

🧹🧹🧹

Serene knew her mom's door was unlocked so she mindlessly walked in immediately getting a pleasant whiff of the food.