PROLOGUE

The eve of another much-anticipated 100th year unfolded in the province of Harmonia with an ethereal glow. This marked the year when a new batch of 12 chosen elementalists by Goddess Remi would be born. Streets illuminated with bright lanterns, while small cottages adorned with cascading lights and intricate decorations transformed the province into a mesmerizing realm of celebration.

"Magkakaroon raw ng fireworks!"

"Abangan natin sa labas!"

The children dashed towards the street.

"Pagpalain nawa ang Harmonia, ang buong kaharian ng Crius."

"Aba'y oo naman. May awa ang Diyosa."

Joyful sounds and laughter filled the streets, from children eagerly anticipating the fireworks to wise elders whose smiles carried the weight of centuries.

The entire community united in shared excitement.
.
.
.

Inside Harmonia's grand ducal palace, a joyful atmosphere also filled the air as every worker played a part in the lively preparations for the upcoming New Year celebration. Halls echoed with lively conversations, and the delightful aroma of delicious cuisine floated from the busy kitchen. Every worker wore a happy expression, contributing to the festive atmosphere with their diligent efforts.

Pleased with the progress, Duke Colton could finally take a moment to relax and enjoy time with the Duchess before the new year. However, despite searching the great hall, kitchen, and their bedchamber, the Duchess was nowhere to be found.

"Where is the Duchess?" he inquired of the first maid he encountered upon leaving the bedchamber.

Agad yumukod ang huli. "Your grace."

"Alam mo ba kung saan siya nagpunta?"

"Ah- nasa chapel po ang Dukesa. Pupuntahan ko ko po siya ngayon din."

"Hindi na. Ako na. Pakisabi sa iba, pagtapos magprepera, pwede na kayong magsalo salo."

"Yes, Your Grace, Salamat po."

Upon receiving the maid's information, the Duke made his way towards the chapel of the palace.

In that room filled with soft candlelight, he found Duchess Leonora kneeled down, her eyes closed in a solemn prayer. The Duke, filled with admiration, approached her with light steps, careful not to disturb her. As he got closer, he noticed the peaceful look on her face and the gentle way she prayed.

May ideya siya kung ano ang pinagdarasal ng mahal na asawa.

He decided to join her in prayer. Together, in that sacred space, they shared a moment of quiet devotion.

After their shared moment of prayer, the Duke and Duchess heard the distant sound of joyful chatter and laughter seeped into the chapel.

Nagmulat ng mga mata ang Dukesa dahil, bumaling sa katabi at bahagyang nagulat sa presensya ng asawa.

"Nandito ka..."

"Tara na?"

With a small nod to each other, the Duke and Duchess finished their prayer and walked into castle halls. Heading towards a grand balcony, the sounds around them got louder.

Bright and colorful fireworks burst in the sky, painting the darkness. The air was filled with the sound of crackling and popping with each explosion.

Wrapped in the warmth of each other's presence, the Duke and Duchess stood on the balcony, watching as the sky shimmered with vibrant hues. As the clock struck midnight, they exchanged a glance filled with shared hopes and dreams for the coming year. Together, they welcomed the new beginning and hoped for the blessing from Goddess Remi.

They are hoping for a daughter-the next elementalist from the province of Harmonia.