II. The Twins' Arrival

On a quiet afternoon in the final days of January, Duchess Leonora stood on the palace balcony, anxiously awaiting confirmation of her pregnancy from the kingdom's best physician, Sir Alaric. Hindi mapalagay ang Dukesa. Malamig ang pawis sa kanyang mga palad at panay ang pagtipa ng kanyang mga daliri sa hawakan ng balkonahe.

Unaware of her condition, the Duke was expected to return in five days. She couldn't wait that long anymore. Nais niya mapayapa ang kanyang isipan.

However, as the Duchess's eyes scanned the palace grounds, a familiar carriage drew her attention. She furrowed her brow.

Namamalikmata ba siya?

Rising from her seat, a surge of mixed emotions overwhelmed her as she strained to see it at a near distance, expecting the physician but not her husband, the Duke!

Hindi niya inaasahan na pagbabalik ng kanyang asawa, kasama si Sir Alaric!

About to step back inside, she crossed paths with Sir Cedric, the palace butler, who was about to approach her. "Your Grace," he began, "it was sudden. Sir Alaric is with the Duke. The Duke returned earlier than anticipated."

~~~
The softly lit chamber held an air of both expectation and anxiety as Duke Colton, Duchess Leonora, and Sir Alaric gathered for the important examination. The physician, dressed in his professional attire, prepared the necessary tools while exchanging reassuring glances with the duke.

The duchess found herself unable to speak. Despite her silence, the penetrating gaze the Duke cast upon her suggested awareness of the situation.

Alam niya.

Mukhang ibinalita ni Sir Alaric sa kanyang asawa ang isinulat niya ritong liham. Oo nga naman, parehong nasa Castalia, kapital ng Crius, ang Duke at manggagamot.

Duke Colton subtly expressed his support by holding her hand gently. She, still exuding regal elegance, looked at the physician with a blend of hope and nervous anticipation.

She is praying for a positive result.

The room fell into a hushed suspense as Sir Alaric conducted the examination. Tila isang oras ang katumbas ng paglipas ng bawat segundo. Tahimik. Tanging paghinga at ang maingat na galaw ng manggagamot ang maririnig sa silid.

Makalipas ang ilang sandali, Sir Alaric looked up with a thoughtful expression.

Duke Colton asked with concern, "Is everything alright, Sir Alaric? What did you find?"

Sir Alaric, maintaining a composed demeanor, replied, "My Lord, My Lady, there is indeed a joyous occasion to celebrate. The Duchess is pregnant."

A mixture of joy and relief swept over Duke Colton's face. Turning to his wife, he said, "Did you hear that? We're going to have a child."

Duchess Leonora, tears of joy in her eyes, responded, "I am overjoyed. Goddess Remi heard our prayers!"

However, Sir Alaric hesitated before delivering another revelation, "Yet, there's something unusual..."

Duke Colton, sensing the physician's hesitation. "What is it, Sir Alaric? Mayroon bang problema?"

Huminga ng malalim ang manggagamot bago tumugon, "During the examination, I felt... I felt two heartbeats."

The room fell silent as both the Duke and Duchess exchanged startled glances.

"It seems you are expecting twins," dagdag ng manggagamot.

The couple, initially shocked, looked at each other with a nervous laugh, realizing that their family was about to welcome not one but two new members.