IV. Subtle Tension

Before the sun sets, in the hallway of the ducal palace, the sound of footsteps echoes as the Harmonian twins, guided by their parents, Duke Colton and Duchess Leonora, proceed to the private chamber.

As they sit on the intricate thrones, the Duke and Duchess silently acknowledge the significance and sensitivity of the topic they are about to address on this day. Claudia and Clementine, sensing the gravity in the air, exchange curious and slightly worried glances. It's the first time they've seen their parents with such expressions on their faces.

Did they do something wrong?

Was it during their birthday party a week ago? Did they behave poorly in front of the royal family?

Simultaneously, the twins lift their gaze upon hearing their mother's sigh before she speaks. The chocolate hue of her eyes also reflects the weight of whatever she is about to say.

"Mom? Have we done something that disappoints you?" Claudia couldn't help but ask.

"Is it because we stained Princess Victoria's gown during our birthday party?" Clementine added.

The Duchess quickly shook her head. "No, dear. You did nothing wrong. Your dad and I just want to discuss something important. Will you listen to us intently?"

They nodded in unison.

The Duchess looked at the Duke, and the discussion began.

Isang linggo matapos ang pagdiriwang ng ikasampung kaarawan ng kambal, nagpasya ang Duke at Dukesa ng Harmonia na panahon na upang isiwalat sa kanilang mga anak ang katotohanan tungkol sa elementalist ng kaharian. They had to do it; it was something they shouldn't keep hidden. Mas mabuti nang malaman ng kambal ang katotohanan mula sa kanila kaysa magmula sa iba.

Also, the twins seem to be at the right age to understand the concept of an elementalist. Ngayon na ang tamang panahon dahil ang probinsya ng Harmonia ay may dalawa lamang kandidato kung sino ang maaaring piliin ng Diyosa na maging elementalista. It is their daughters, the twins, Claudia and Clementine.

It is certain that the elementalist will be one of these twins.

The room fell into attentive silence as Duke Colton began recounting the story of the elemental legacy, a sacred tradition bestowed upon the kingdom by Goddess Remi every century.

".....these chosen ones are like magical guardians who keep the balance of fire, water, air, and earth."

Claudia's light caramel eyes widened with curiosity, while Clementine's expressive chocolate brown eyes sparkled because of excitement. "E-elementalist? Like magic powers and all?"

"Is it the same power as what Odessa told us?"

Tumango ang dukesa. "Yes, my dear. This chosen one will possess extraordinary elemental abilities."

Claudia, growing more curious, asked, "How are they chosen?"

"For generations, this honor has been bestowed upon noble families," Duchess Leonora explained. "As a girl grows up, she develops a special connection with an element that later becomes a source of her unique and powerful abilities, maaring mula sa elemento ng lupa, tubig, apoy o hangin."

Clementine, contemplating, inquired, "When do these powers manifest?"

Duke Colton and Duchess Leonora meaningfully looked at each other as they recognized how their daughters are smart to come up with these specific questions considering their age.

"The manifestation varies, my dear. May ilang natuklasan ang kanilang mga kakayahan sa murang edad, habang ang iba naman ay maaaring hindi madama ang kanilang kakayahan hanggang sa edad na labing-walo."