III. Growing up in Harmony

After a decade, Harmonia's twins blossomed into elegant and graceful young nobles. Their faces mirrored the Duchess's grace, and the wavy locks that danced with each step were inherited from the Duke-a beautiful combination passed down from their parents.

Since their gentle introduction at a gathering hosted by other noble families at the tender age of five, the Harmonian twins have become widely known for their captivating beauty throughout the Kingdom. Newspapers immediately published articles highlighting their charm, making them a topic of discussion. Ito ang ikalawang beses nang naging tampok sa pahayagan ang kambal mula nang lumabas ang mapanirang artikulo na limang taon na ang nakalipas.

Now, as the twins approach the age of ten, their resemblance is still striking, but subtle differences have emerged, aside from moles and marks on their bodies serving as distinguishing features for easier identification. The twins' hair colors have become markers of their individuality. Claudia, the elder among them, adorns her locks with light caramel hues reminiscent of her mother, the Duchess, exuding regal elegance. On the other hand, Clementine, the younger twin, embraces chocolate-brown strands, reflecting the dignified presence of their father, the Duke.

As the twins' birthday approaches next month, one morning in the grand halls of the ducal palace, Clementine and Claudia gather around their mother, Duchess Leonora, to discuss plans for their upcoming celebration. Envisioning a magical garden party with fairy tale themes, costumes, and games, the twins eagerly share their visions for their tenth birthday.

Although hesitant, Clementine tries to share her idea. "Mom, can I suggest something?"

Duchess Leonora immediately nods, "Sure, my dear, what is it?"

"We were thinking about our gowns. Instead of having them delivered, can we go to the shop and pick them out ourselves?"

"Going to the shop? Why not have them delivered, my dear?"

"We want to make it an adventure, Mom! Choosing dresses together and exploring the village and town a bit," Claudia adds.

Contemplating the unconventional request, the Duchess expresses concerns about their safety. "Outside the palace? It's a bit unusual, and I'm worried about your safety."

Clementine, looking earnestly at her mother, reassures her, "Mom, it's our birthday, and promise po, mag-iingat kami. Actually, there's more po - we also want to buy art materials. We thought of designing the invitations ourselves."

The Duchess sighs, "This is quite different, my dear."

Claudia, with sparkling eyes, adds, "It's our special day, Mom, and we want to make it truly unique."

Nag-alinlangan ang Dukesa sa kahilingan ng kanyang mga anak. Ito ang unang beses na humiling ang mga ito na lumabas sa palasyo. Mukhang pinag-usapan talaga nila ito bago sabihin sa kaniya sa paraan kung paano nila saluhin ang isa't isa habang minumungkahi ang kanilang gusto.

Napabuntong hininga siya. "Alright, birthday nyo naman. We can go, but promise me you'll stay close and be cautious."

"Opo!" sabay na sagot ng dalawa.

~~~
The next day, the Harmonian twins, adorned in their simple yet regal attire, stepped out of the palace accompanied by Duchess Leonora and their four loyal knights.

They headed to a renowned dress boutique in Harmonia known for beautiful designs and flawless craftsmanship. Upon entering, the shopkeepers welcomed them with friendly smiles, acknowledging the distinguished guests. Fortunately, they had been informed yesterday about the Duchess and the twins' planned visit. They prepared a variety of dresses fit for nobility and adjusted the shopping hours to accommodate their visit.