Forty Three

The beach was the perfect setting he had everything planned out in his mind. He had been shopping as she had slept, he had filled his sisters in on his plan and they agreed to keep Meredith busy with a shoppping trip.

He had known since the moment he met her she would be the one but now he really felt it in his blood, in his veins.

He watched her with his family and it warmed his heart, she was a natural in a family setting, it only made him anticipate the birth of their baby quicker. He was excited for them to become a family of three.

She was his entire universe, he had fallen in love with every aspect of her. 18 months ago he would never have pictured himseld in this position. In love, living with the most perfect woman and expecting a child with her.

Every time he looked into her eyes he was reminded of why he wakes up each morning. He felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders since he had confessed how scared he is of losing her.

He was of course a ball of nerves as he scattered the roses to make a heart, he had set candles around too. He was glad the weather was on his side, not a cloud in sight. Despite the odd gush of breeze from the waves everything was perfect, just as he had hoped.

He thought it was crazy how everything had worked out, how that one incident that changed Addison's life had also changed his, he found the woman of his dreams.

"Nervous?"Mark asked, Derek nodded his head frantically.

"She could totally be like no Derek just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean we need too..." He seized lightly hoping everything went as he wanted it too.

A nice dinner had been set up on a rounded table in the centre, everything was completely perfect, but for him not completely. Nothing is perfect without her.

Amelia had told her Derek had planned a date on the beach and to dress nicely. So of course when he saw walking toward him his mouth dropped open. She wore a knee length bodycon red dress which emphasised her bump to perfection.

"Derek Shepherd being a romantic"She giggled as she kissed his cheek.

"For you, anything is possible my love. You look stunning as always."He always found himself smiling around her it was natural.

He led her to the rounded table in the centre of the heart, a soft hum coming from the radio that played in the background. Ruby was running around the beach barking at everything which only made Meredith smile. Everything she ever wanted was here, him, the dog and her unborn child.

They enjoyed their meal with a small conversation, smiling at baby names as Meredith cringed at some of the ones Derek liked. Meredith's eyes lit up as they discussed their nursery ideas. Meredith had made it clear she would prefer a natural labour with gas and air.

Derek had already made sure he would have six weeks off after the baby had arrived so he could watch over Meredith and their child.

Once the night was fully upon them Mark lit the candles with Meredith not notcing, she was engrossed in Derek.

"Let the waiter take the table so we can dance"Derek smiled. Meredith nodded and stood, moving to stand within the warmth of his arms. Once the table was gone they began to sway to the beat of the music. It was then Meredith really noticed all of the petals, the candles and how people were peeping in the bushes which she ignored.

Derek stood back and pulled out a red velvet box, he got down on one knee and took her hand in his.

"Meredith Grey where do I start. A year ago you changed my life with your little giggle and kind heart. You always took me in and showed me love, kindess and warmth. You made my heart complete, you showed me real love exists, you showed me the better side of myself. Meredith I don't ever want to live without you. I want you forever, I want us forever. Meredith my beautiful girl, will you marry me, please" He looked up through his blue orbs to meet her teary ones.

"I'd be honoured Derek, yes yes yes yes"She allowed him to slip the large diamond onto her finger before she pulled him tight and close to her, savouring his scent. "I love you more than anything Derek Shepherd"

They celebrated as a family that evening just enjoying the news.

5 weeks later

The family had gathered at the Shepherd residence with Ellis and John. One week ago Derek and Meredith went for a gender scan where Amelia found out and planned a party for the immediate family.

She had struggled keeping the news to herself but she had. Everything was perfect, the large black balloon held the coloured confetti for them. But there was so much to enjoy, the cake, the guess my gender, the pin the dummy on the baby as well as a photo booth.

Meredith wore a beautiful white dress considering she was 21 weeks pregnant she managed the day well, of course it was exhausting but this day was the one she had been waiting for. The long anticipated day of finding out the gender of their baby.

Meredith was convinced that they were having a boy whereas Derek thought it a girl, said it was his 'gut feeling'. Meredith laughed at him of course but he didn't mind.

"everyone gather"Amelia shouted. The united group stood before the couple and their dog. Derek handed Meredith a bobby pin for the pop

"We wanted to thank you all, for being here today, for being so supportive and always being there for us through the thick and thin. Most of all for being here for our unborn baby"Meredith smiled softly.

Once she knew they were both ready she raised the pin, piercing the balloon blue confetti burst everywhere. Meredith squealed as did Derek. They were happy. the moment was full of pure joy. They were bringing new life into this world, into a loving happy family.

The baby's nursery

Meredith's pregnancy  vibezzz^