Chapter Four: Thoughts & Regrets

I looked at my canopy with a sigh, it was great living in this era but I feel that I am one of the only clean people, much to Henry and Charlies ire I made them bath regularly but they felt good for being so clean.
Henry actually told me it was my fault that he felt like that at all. The other woman seemed so dirty now, which made me laugh.

I got up and bathed, just as I finished my bath and wrapped my robs around me when the door to my chambers suddenly opens and I see Henry standing there with a shocked look on his face then his eyes follow my body down.
I ignored him and sat down, leaving a little of my leg on show before motioning to the seat for him, which he did.

"What is it, Harry?"

I said with a smile. It took him a moment before giving me a smile of mischief.

"I wish for you to come to France for the meeting with the French King."

"But you will have Catherine, and I am sure that man.....Boleyn has two daughters. i am sure he will have one of them have your.....full attention."

I said with a smirk, which he returned with a laugh.

"I meant as my left hand as Charlie is my right. I trust you to look over Wolsey truce to make sure he is not signing my country away."

"I am on your side, Harry, always."

He gave me a true smile, which I returned, and then I stood up.

"I need to get dressed for the day, your Majesty."

"I could always watch,"

"One day, Harry,"

"I have seen you before,"

"Yet you still want to see more,"

I said with a smirk at him, which he would agree.
He walked towards me and once he stood in front of me, he leaned down and kissed the side of my lips then the top of my head before wrapping his arms around me and laying his head on top of mine.

"It's always been you, Addy."

"I know, Harry, it's always been you too."

We stayed like that for a moment before he stepped back and gave me a small smile before walking out of the room, and I started to get dressed.

*Please be mindful of random POV Changes*

Later that day, Henry walked towards the council with a lot on his mind, but most of it was on Addy.
His beloved Adelaide was everything a wife should be but a partner as well, she never over stepped with him in his role and she said that as long as he was safe and chose his woman carefully but kept his bastards to a minimum there should never been an issue.
He messed up when he let his dick lead him with Catherine and ruined what could have been a great marriage.
Her family was one of the wealthiest in Europe and most likely further.
His family was very angry with him for insulting her such a way and he was worried he would have ruined everything but she stood up for him and told them all that she understood a man could not help himself but was disappointed the choice he made but would support him in his new marriage.
His father made him marry Catherine after that so as not to lose Spanish support.

His family were in awe of Adelaides' selfless nature, but she remained his friend. They only laid together once, and she was married two months later.
He hated her husband. He was a pompous fool who wanted to rub it in Henrys face that he got the woman he wanted and was devastated when he was told she was pregnant.
It was when she was close to giving birth that her husband died in a riding accident, that he was thrilled but when he heard she was giving birth early he made his way to her home of Dawn Manor.

He was happy to arrive and be greeted by her father, who still hadn't forgiven him but remained loyal.
He went to her rooms and saw her there looking as beautiful as ever then she showed him her childern and Henry knew they were his, both boys William and Edward, they had his hair and when they opened there eyes he could see his looking back at him.
She was protecting them and that was why she married that idiot, it all made sense to him then but he kept his silence and watched his sons grow and made sure to keep her close to him with a position on his council, he doted on those boys and made sure everyone knew they were loved and protected.
He also knew Catherine had a suspicion that they were his but Henry nor Adelaide confirmed it, she went to a lot of trouble to protect their sons and he would support it till Catherine finally stopped having childern and he would legitimately claim them as his heirs.
The child with Lady Blount only reinforced his belief that it was not his fault but his wife's as he had three sons now, all of them healthy.

Seeing her in a night gown just brought back all those feelings for her to the forefront of his mind.
He cared for Catherine, but he loved Adelaide. He had since the moment she beat him in the court yard.
Henry also thought of his confession with regards to being punished by God for marrying his brothers wife.
He wanted to claim William and Edward badly, his two boys. It showed him that he was capable of having living children and strong boys like his and Adelaide.
The more he thought about out, the more he wanted to marry Adelaide and be rid of Catherine, he had already made Adelaide queen in all but name and a few already knew this Charles was one of them, he was even encouraging it and made sure to protect the secret.
Adelaide always made an effort to never engage Catherine so as not to give Henry a headache, and he was thankful that she always knew what he needed.

I walked out of the meeting unaware of the kings thoughts just before Henry and showed him what was happening with Buckingham. He decided to play a fool, but we agreed to carry on watching him.
He also told me about the Palace of Illustration that was being constructed.
I told him it sounded cold, which caused him to laugh with me, but he asked that I definitely come with them as I was a great diplomat and I could keep an eye on Wolsey and Boleyn.
I already told him the Wolsey wanted to be pope and was doing it for the French vote, and Boleyn wanted to his daughters to catch his eye.
He laughed at both and found it useful but I made sure to warn him about Anne and what she would most likely do when she finally wanted his attention, he just said they would have to wait and see.
I walked away because I knew the game would start to get more dangerous now with the Boleyns in the picture but I would do what Henry asked of me and maintain my position at court and tend to the common people because you cannot execute someone who is loved by Lords, Ladies and the Common Folk without having a riot on your hands.