Chapter Five: Party & Illusions

Henry was with Charles and Anthony looking at Addy drawing on one of the hills and joy looked at another waiting for the French to arrive.
Charles was captivated and spoke to Henry.

"Look gentlemen, 'The Valley of Gold'"

"What if the French don't show?"

"Oh they'll show."

"They'll just be fashionably late, like Addy said."

"Your Majesty, Look. There they are."

"Whats the Plan?"

"I was to ride down alone and meet the king."

"All of you. On pain of death.....stay. Actually Charles and Anthony please go make sure Addy is safe."

Charles and Anthony just sighed but agreed and left to find Addy.

*On the Hill*

I remember going to Calais when I was eleven on a school trip, and I enjoyed it, but Calais in the 1500s was very different.
It was a bit cold, windy, and muddy, but to actually see the Palace of illusion in person was a once in a lift time experience.
To be even able to witness 'The field of cloth of Gold' was amazing and so much better then anything she had ever seen and to have such different colours to paint it all with when I returned home thst I got from Asia.
There was running water fountains, silk tents, gold lace and foil with the large painted temporary castle.
I sat on top of a hill, pulled out my chalk as well as my self-made pencils, and started to draw the Palace in great detail.
I would draw the rooms when I got closer, but I wanted to capture the whole Palace with the camps around it before going into more detail and making copies for history sake.
After a few hours and a few copies later I was pulled out of my musing by a few horse approaching, I looked up and saw Charles riding towards me with Antony, once they got close they slowed them hoped down.

"What are you doing up here, Addy?"

Antony asked me with a teasing smile, which made me laugh. Then I looked at Charles, who had a soft smile on his face.

"I have been drawing this Palace to record for history."

"You and history."

"I want History to remember us, for who we are and not what others write."

They both smiled then, knowing i wanted to ensure that we are remembered and certain events truly recorded.

"Henry was worried about you, so he sent us to find you. We were going to anyway, but we suspected where you might be."

"Thank you both."

I turned back to pick everything up, but I turned, then saw both Charles and Anthony looking at me with a smile but got them to pose for a minute then started drawing them quickly, once I was done covered it then went to my horse.

"Show us, Addy."

"Nope, once I have done more, then you may see."

I said with a teasing smile, which caused them both to laugh loudly when I climbed onto my horse before turning to face them.

"Race you, last one there has to flirt with a French man."

I kicked my horse to run, I could hear them shouting 'what!' but carried on to our encampment with a laugh.
I could see others looking at me with a smile and just as I arrived I saw Charles and Anthony riding till Anthony lost which caused me to laugh.

Reborn to be a Tudorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें