𝑽

The still undecorated dance floor was full of girls with their partners and Mrs.Cutter, the instructor, was in the middle of the enormous room talking to staff members about the lights and the music that would be put on. With a clap of hands, everyone went quiet and looked in the woman's direction, who started to talk about which debutant would get paired to which big sister. If you don't know what that means; let me enlighten you. Debutants get introduced to the society, and so, they need an older, experienced girl who will guide them through the exciting journey of learning dances, pretty white dresses and, even though not publicly said, gossips and lies. And which person could be better at doing that, than the debutants from the years before?

Emma and Giulia bursted in, late of course, and everybody's head turned to look at them. Emma looked at the faces, the one girl had made a weird face, why did she though? Was her hair out of place? Was her dress put on the wrong way? Did she put her lipstick on properly? She felt like a deer blinded by the lights. All eyes were on her, and as much as she liked attention (because who doesn't in the upper east side?), in that moment, what she was taught to feel great about, felt overwhelming. Her throat went dry and her palms started to sweat. Giulia thankfully took the situation in her hands.

"We're very sorry for being late.." G told the instructor, that, for some strange and peculiar reason, didn't seem bothered at all. "It's all good, take your coats off. We were just about to assign the debutants."

Emma's feet still felt like glued onto the floor. It was Giulia who broke her out of her thoughts. "Hey, you okay?"she tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. Emma nodded and gave Giulia her coat. The two girls walked over to Lydia and Nathalie, whom were already getting worried. Emma ran towards Nat and hugged her tightly. "Where were you?"she laughed. "Long story.."Emma let go off the girl and winked at me. "Well, Nat and I have time.."Lydia smiled as Giulia kissed her cheek. "So..who are hoping to get?"said Emma as she leaned on one of the many white chairs. "None, all these girls seem desperate as fuck. They all want to become 'the new me'...The bitches want to overtake my place." Nathalie mocked the girls and scoffed. "It's okay Nat. I don't think anyone would even dare to try and challenge you. Because they know they'll lose." Nathalie smiled, took Giulia cheek and kissed. "Now that's why I love you."they all giggled and went quiet as Mrs. Cutter spoke. She assigned every single girl until it was our turn.

"So will the debutants Emily Harvey, Jayla Joyce Fuerte, Matilda Stockholm and Flora Iverson, please stand up. Now the big sisters; Emma Jenkins, Nathalie Warner, Giulia Iverson and Lydia Reed. Flora, I hope you understand why you didn't get assigned to your sister. Now that this was cleared up, you may talk to your debutants."

-

"How many invites did you get to that debutant thing?"said Logan as he sat down on the big, black, leather couch. "I had 20.." his phone lights up. "Well, now 21." "Pff, please I had a girl beg me. She was on her knees crying." Jackson smiled as he remembered this. "And of course you didn't tell her to get up. You didn't tell her she didn't need to do that. Because you were enjoying." Oliver said all of that smiling trying to make Jackson understand how embarrassing it is that he enjoys women losing their self respect for him. "What? It's hot. Well anyway I had exactly 48 invites in one week. Nobody can beat that." Jackson laughed as he went over to the bar.

He opened the glass cupboard to get a whiskey glass, then he proceeded to open the fridge, finding no alcohol. "Oliver where'd you put the bottles?" he seemed much more serious now. Oliver was still sat on the couch and didn't flinch, nor even having heard his name. He just continued scrolling through his instagram feed. "I don't think you get it Mayweather, I need it. Right now. Give me my drinks. Fuck, you are so immature. One day I'll beat your ass." Oliver just calmly smiled, and walked over to him. Jackson has these things, these anger attacks. And Ollie's the only one who knows how to deal with them. Not even Logan knows, and truly he is the smart one. But he was smart enough to make a diagnosis. He didn't tell Jackson of course, but he did tell Oliver, who already had the brief feeling that it was true. That he has anger issues I mean. And not only that. We all know by now that alcoholism plays a big role in his life, as well as anger issues, panick attacks and undiagnosed depression. If Jackson knew, he'd think he was built wrong. He'd feel like a failed project. That's why Oliver and Logan haven't really intervened, sure they've tried to help him when necessary, but never even tried to talk to him about it or even worse call a specialist.

"After that, you'll thank me. Trust me for once okay? I know what I'm doing." Oliver finally looked over at the now-turned-pale boy. "No you don't! What are you my doctor? My father? You can't tell me what to do!"Jackson started shouting, that's when Logan turned around to see what was happening. "I'm your friend. Helping each other. That's what friends do. And I will until the day I die. I'll do anything to help you, understand?" "No, I don't." Jackson looked like he was going to punch Oliver right there and then, but he didn't. Oliver knew he never would've had, even if he had wanted to, he never could've had, because Oliver, Jackson and Logan aren't just friends, they're each others families, they are brothers. "Oh and by the way, I had 60 invites in a week."Oliver smiled at his friends. "Try to beat that," he winked and left the apartment with an angry Jackson and a fed up Logan.