•ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟•

"So what's this thing supposed to be for? I mean- I know it's used for making beverages-but- Why are you needing it outside your father's shop?" Gaz asked beside Y/n as he looked at the beverage maker with a confused gaze.

"Do...Do you not know about the marketing week? It happens every other month for a whole week?" Y/n furrowed their brows as they walked and talked.

"Marketing week...I've heard of it on flyers. But never really cared much for it...Why?" Gaz shrugged with indifference.

"Oh. Well, my Papá and I usually go so we can sample out our beverages and small samples of foods. We try to get more popularity in the community and stuff." Y/n explained and Gaz nodded as he listened throughly.

"That's pretty smart for business opportunities. Possible way to get money too and update utilities." Gaz hummed with a impressed look.

"Exactly!" Y/n smirked, "Competition is in the stakes and I'm gonna do my damn best to win over the hearts of tourists." They cackled rubbing their hands together.

"I didn't take you for the competitive type." Gaz let out a small laugh, making Y/n oddly happy they could get him to laugh.

"Looks can be deceiving." Y/n joked, then a pause as they remembered something.

'Looks can be deceiving...'

Y/n remembered the crumbled up note that remained in their pocket, then one Y/n shamefully and regretfully read.

'What if Papá isn't who he says he is...? No. That's impossible. It must've been the wrong address or something.'

As Y/n continued to gaslight themself, Gaz noticed the sudden quietness, which to him wasn't normal. In the span of 2 weeks of knowing Y/n, quiet wasn't necessarily wasn't their thing unless something was wrong.

"You doing good?" Gaz decided to ask as he bumped Y/n's shoulder, gaining their attention.

"Oh. Sorry...must've zoned out." Y/n rubbed the back of their neck with a nervous expression.

"Something going you'd like to talk about...? Anything at all...?" Gaz pressed on, expecting Y/n to him something that may possibly be of importance to his mission.

"I...well...um..." Y/n struggled to tell Gaz what they had found in their father's room. They felt like they could trust Gaz, but at the same time something told Y/n not say anything.

Y/n had clenched the note in anticipation and hesitation, before letting out a small exhale. Their hand had left their pocket, and waved Gaz off.

"Nothing. Just tired is all. I don't get much sleep nowadays." Y/n smiled and Gaz stared at them for a moment.

He could tell Y/n was lying. In his years of being in the military, through interrogation techniques, watching all go down. Gaz could tell something was indeed off, and that Y/n had the need to lie about it.

Yet he played to dumb, to act his part. Feigning the fact he hadn't caught on to the suspicious behavior.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. No medicines help? Like melatonin?" Gaz asked nonchalantly

"Tried. Melatonin only seems to make me more awake. I once ate a whole bottle once....I thought they were just gummies..." Y/n softly laughed

"For real now? Must have given your dad a scare then?" Gaz couldn't help but smirk.

"If you mean by keeping him up all night, then." Y/n grinned widely, a fond expression blooming on their face, "My poor Mother had to practically force me down into my bed to stop me from getting up again. Didn't work."