✧ 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 ✧

~ chapter two ~
❛distract my thoughts❜

The set is buzzing with activity as crew members rush around, preparing for the next scene. Caleb, a charismatic and seasoned actor with a mischievous glint in his eye, sits in his trailer, going over his lines. Sadie, a talented and ambitious actress, nervously paces back and forth outside.

"sadie, you seem more jittery than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. What's eating at you?" caleb smirked.

"It's this scene, Caleb. I can't seem to get the lines right. I feel like I'm going to mess up, and the director has been breathing down my neck all day," Sadie sighs.

"Ah, the pressure of the spotlight. But don't worry, Sadie. We're in this together, and I've got a little trick up my sleeve." Caleb tried to cheer him up.

sadie raises an eyebrow "A trick?" she questions.

Caleb pulls out a small bag from his pocket and reveals a stash of candies.

"stress relief in the form of sugar. It works wonders, I promise." Caleb puts his hand full of candy in front of Sadie.

Sadie chuckles and takes candy from his hands.

"You always find a way to lighten the mood, Caleb," Sadie giggles.

Caleb puts the candy back in his pocket. "It's a survival skill in this cutthroat industry. Now, let's run these lines. I'll be your scene partner, your acting lifeboat in this storm," Caleb quotes with his fingers.

All sadie does is shake her head with a smile at how he uses his poetry.

They sit down, going through the lines together. As they rehearse, camaraderie builds between them. Caleb's playful banter and Sadie's laughter fill the trailer, creating an unexpected chemistry.

✧ . . .  

"Alright, Caleb, that's all for you today; you can head home now," Ross told him while walking by his side from set 4. They had just finished filming one of the scenes for season 5 of Stranger Things.

It has been a short day for Caleb since it is now only five in the afternoon.

"Okay, thanks; see you tomorrow, Ross," Caleb replied as he left the building. He said bye to the rest of the cast who were on their break, some having their dinner given that they had to be filming with no breaks later.

Caleb gets to the parking lot and fiddles in his pockets for his keys. He opens his BMW M8 competition coupé and gets into the driver's seat. He puts his stuff in the back seat and takes out his phone from his side pocket.

He then notices he has an unread message from Sadie from earlier, 2 hours ago. His thumb hovers over her contact before pressing on it. he reads ↴

                                                                   ✎    𝘀𝗮𝗱𝗲𝘀 ☀
                                                                               ✆ ✉
sades 
   hanging out with the group after work
   make sure to be there at 7. it's at olivia's