✧ 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛 ✧

~ chapter four ~
❛dumb❜

"Like, how could I be so stupid?"

"You are not stupid, Aria," Sadie reminds her.

"No, but I am; I should've realised sooner; he fucking gave all the hints to me, but I just didn't see it because I was already in too deep." Aria sobs even harder.

"Okay, what do you want me to do? I can call him out on social media, and I can file a restraining order against him. Oh! I can also put him in jail since my dad is a cop! or I could bring Caleb with me, and he can beat the shit out of him?" Olivia stands up from the couch with her hands clasped in front of her, looking at her best friend, who has slightly calmed down. Caleb nods his head in agreement.

"No! Nothing physical that will get you hurt, because I will not let any of you come back with a broken arm or leg or lose anything because you can't work." Dean admonishes in his fatherly tone.

Dean, who is sitting next to Caleb on the floor with his legs also criss-crossed, is sitting with his arms around them. Iris sits next to Sadie on the couch with Aria, who sits next to Sadie on the other side, hugging her slightly.

"Ugh, I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid," Aria says while lightly smacking her head against Sadie's shoulder.

Sadie immediately puts her hand between her shoulder and Aria's head, so she stops her motions. "Aria, you are not stupid! Don't say that!" Dean exclaims, not realising how heavy he said it. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be loud, just... dont say that, your not stupid," the dean rubs his forehead while looking down.

The whole room grows quiet, everyone looking at one another with wide expressions. Dean lightly lifts his head to look at everyone. "what?" Dean says, with a crack in his voice, he tips his head in an irritated motion with his eyebrow raised. Everyone shakes their head while smirking.

"Anyway, Aria, your not stupid, okay? It's his loss; you just need to forget about him," Sadie mentions towards Aria while putting some hair from the front that is wet from her tears behind her ears.

As Sadie rubs her back, Aria sobs again, pulling her head in closer. "But I can't! That is the problem. I love him!" Aria exclaims. "I was just so stupid to not realize it before," Aria mourns.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Finally, after what seemed like so long, they got to put Aria to sleep, knowing that they don't have long until they have to tend to her needs.

Everyone is gathered in the kitchen, with Olivia, Caleb, and Sadie sitting on the island bench and Dean and Iris leaning over the sink that connects to it.

With his arms crossed and one hand gesturing with his words, Caleb states, "So, is no one going to talk about the elephant in the room?"

"What? Me?" Olivia motions to herself while eating a big pint of ice cream. Sadie and Iris let out a giggle.

"No, I meant the way Dean full on went into protective mode on Aria and got all shy afterwards," Caleb mentions with his teasing gaze on Dean. Sadie and the rest laugh, except for Dean, who has an irritated face on.

"It was nothing; I just don't like it when she says things like that to herself." Dean shrugs while he lifts himself from leaning on the bench.

"really? because I've seen you giving her heart eyes since we all met, even during her relationship," Iris states.