Part 13

December 31, 2014 into January 1, 2015 — New Years Eve
      He loves when all of his favorite people are all in one room. The only person missing is Avery, she's upstairs asleep in her nursery. But, downstairs, his mother is mingling with Lanie and Jenny whose holding a sleeping Sarah Grace. The boys are in deep discussion with Jim while his wife and oldest daughter are laughing as they sip their glasses of champagne. This past year has been incredible — getting to experience his wife through pregnancy and then welcoming Avery into this world. He never thought he'd have more kids, he's so happy he did.
      He loves both of his daughters more than anything, but there is something extra special about getting to experience all of Avery's big milestones with Kate by his side. He keeps joking and teasing her about having another one, and while he agrees that it won't happen anytime soon, he hopes that she sees more kids in their future. "Whatcha thinking about?" She asks as she steps up next to him. "Hm?" He looks down at her and smiles before wrapping an arm around her waist. "I asked what you were thinking about? It looked intense."
     He chuckles, "Just thinking about the past year. How lucky I am. How I never thought I would get to experience this." He tells her as he tucks a curl behind her ear. She kisses his palm before smiling up at him. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you too." He leans down and presses his lips to hers. "There they go off into their own little world again." Esposito says from across the room. Lanie smacks his chest, "They deserve it, after everything those two have been through." Lanie defends them and smiles at her best friend's smile.
      After Castle and Beckett break their kiss, they walk over to join their friends. They have less than a minute til the new year. "Ready for 2015?" He asks her. She nods, "2014 was an amazing year. One that will be hard to top, but I'm excited for the adventure that next year will be." She says. "Alright, guys, here we go." Ryan announces. She smiles when Castle's arm settles itself around her waist. "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1! Happy New Year!" They all giddily announce. Castle doesn't hesitate to kiss her as soon as the ball drops.
       "Happy New Year." She smiles, "Happy New Year." He reciprocates before leaning down to her ear, "Now let's kick these people out so that we can ring in the new year properly." He quickly nips at her neck. "Cool it, Writer Boy." She lightly pushes his chest. He winks at her as they settle into an easy conversation with their friends, even though they are both anxious for their alone time once their friends leave. The minute they're out the door and Martha and Alexis retire for the night, Beckett pulls her husband into their bedroom, wasting no time.

January 30, 2015
      She had two more days of her maternity leave until she goes back to work. She technically could've taken the first whole year, but chose to only take the first six months knowing the longer she held off going back the harder it would be. Their little girl turned six months old two days ago and she isn't too prideful to admit that she cried that morning. How has it already been half a year since Avery joined this world? So much has changed about the baby since then. She's the perfect combination of them.
      She's got her mother's untamable, brunette curls. Her eyes are the perfect mix of her golden hazel and Castle's ocean blue creating a new color on their own. Her cheekbones resemble Kate's while her nose is all Castle and while she has her mother's smile, her little chuckle is straight from her father. She sits in the rocking chair of her daughter's nursery with her at her breast. The last few days have been full of emotions for her; realizing her little girl is growing up in the blink of an eye and that with going back to work she could miss some of her major milestone.
     "Hey." Her head snaps to the doorway where her husband stands. She smiles, "Hi." She responds. He takes a seat on the floor at her feet. "Wanna tell me what's going on?" He asks. She raises her eyebrows, "What do you mean?" "Kate, come on. I know when something's bothering you." He tells her. She sighs. "She's just getting so big. And, I'm going back to work soon, but she won't stop growing. I'm going to probably miss some of her milestones and I have to be okay with that." She sighs as she explains.
      "Honey, so take the full year." He encourages, "I can't, Rick, or else I'd never go back. But I still have work to do." She says. He stands and looks down at her, "Look, it's your call. I don't want you to feel pressured either way. But, I can speak from experience, the milestones can happen at any time. Just because you go back to work doesn't mean you're going to miss every major thing she does." He assures her. A tear escapes her cheek as she nods, "I know, I'm just going to miss her so much. I'm going to miss both of you." She says.
     He leans down and kisses her forehead, "We'll miss you too. But, don't worry, I plan on getting you pregnant again soon anyways." He teases with a wink. She giggles and rolls her eyes before standing and laying Avery down in her crib. "We're gonna be okay." He whispers in her ear as he stands behind her with her arms around her waist. "I know." She replies as she leans back and turns her head to kiss his cheek. They will be okay.
Part 13! So I know it seems like Beckett is more emotional and vulnerable, but just remember she's a mama now so she has more emotions now too! Let me know what you guys think please!