Thirty-seven ~ Northern Attitude

"Mijo, we're leaving now. Take out the trash," my mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Okay," I said, ignoring her request while I continued playing video games. There was a brief silence before she called out again,

"Ahorita!"

I groaned, slipping off my headset. "Oh my gosh, okay!" I dragged my feet across the floor as I made my way towards the kitchen. Usually, when my dad is on break from traveling, my parents like to go to their friend's house for dinner.

I opened the back door and threw the black trash bag into the bin next to the driveway. I started rolling the bin towards the front of the driveway until I heard some rustling coming from behind me. I snapped my head back, waiting for a fox to jump out.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." The curly headed blond stated, pulling down on his winter hat. I set down the bin and shook my head.

"No, I just didn't expect you." I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck, trying to think of something to say. "I–I thought you were mad at me," I said.

Amory nodded. "Yeah–yeah, I was," he said. "But I wanted to see you."

I had to stop myself from grinning too wide. I pointed towards the front door and said, "Wanna come in?"

He nodded, following me inside. He took off his hat and coat, setting it on the coat rack. He glanced inside the kitchen and lightly smiled as he realized it was just the two of us.

"Your moms not cooking tonight?" He asked.

"It's date night," I said. "They'll be gone for hours."

He nodded glancing up at the stairs. He turned to me and stuck out his tongue. "Race you," he said before bolting up the stairs. I reached my arm out trying to grab onto his sweater as I followed him up the stairs. He laughed as he tripped over the last step, swatting my hand away as he crawled the rest of the way to my bedroom. I crossed my arms and leaned against my door as he laid flat on his back, his chest rising rapidly.

"I win," I said.

"No fair," he said, panting. "I was tripped."

"By your own feet."

Amory glanced over at the cork board wall, his eyes scanned through the pictures and posted notes. He sighed and put his hand out for me to take. I smiled and grabbed his hand, helping him up. He pecked my lips and whispered, "Thank you."

I nodded, pulling him closer. I kicked the door back, shutting it behind us. He chuckled and pushed me against the door, raising himself on his toes to kiss me. I clasped the back of his head, his soft hair pressing against my hand as we gasped for a breath.

"Your bed looks nice," he said, breathing heavily.

I nodded pushing him towards the mattress. He stumbled back onto the sheets, with a loud groan. "So eager." He laughed. I nodded, looming over him kissing his cheeks and slowly making my way down to his neck. His hands were in my hair, gripping tightly. It hurt, but I didn't mind.

"It tickles," he murmured.

"Mhm," I hummed into his neck. My hands creeped towards his stomach.

"Apollo, no!"

"Too late," I said, tickling his sides. He instinctively began kicking and thrashing around on the bed as he laughed.

"Stop," he cried, his eyes closed shut as he tried to catch his breath. His kicking continued until he hit the nightstand and a picture frame fell onto the floor. I glanced back and noticed the frame face down on the ground. I quickly picked it up and placed it back on the nightstand. There was a small chip in the wood frame.