~Chapter One~

Opening her eyes from a peaceful slumber, Claire Belmont gets up from her bed.  

Claire was a girl of 16, a sophomore in high school.  Her long brown hair reached her mid back, and her eyes were blue.  She looks into a mirror, seeing her long hair was dishevelled.  She grabs a hairbrush and begins brushing her hair out, removing all the knots.  

She also had quite a petite figure, being somewhat hourglass-shaped.   People remarked that her eyes were full of light and hope, unlike her brother, Trevor. 

She removes her light pink pyjamas and puts on her school uniform —a dress shirt with a red plaid skirt.  She hated her uniform - she thought it was ugly - and wished not to wear it, but if she showed up to school wearing regular clothes, she would get in trouble.   

She put on some leggings underneath her skirt for obvious reasons.  She does her makeup, putting on some blush, a little bit of eyeshadow, some foundation and concealer to cover her light acne, a little bit of mascara, and some pink lip gloss as a finishing touch. 

Her personality was quite nice and pleasant.  She was kindhearted, with not much of a temper.  She was often a happy person and did not have much trauma.  Sure, she was bullied at some point in her life, but it never really bothered her at all.   Besides, Trevor would threaten those who would attempt to tease his little sister.

She looked in the mirror one final time and winked.  Today would be a good day!

She headed downstairs, where her mother was making breakfast and her older brother Trevor was sitting at the table, drinking a glass of orange juice. 

Claire yawned, "Good morning, Mom.  Good morning, Trevor." 

Trevor Belmont was considered a jock and a good quarterback in high school.  He looked much like his younger sister, but taller, muscular, and masculine.  His hair was somewhat dishevelled, but at least it was a choice to do that.  Unlike his sister, he had eyes that knew despair and hopelessness.  But lately, they seem brighter.  He had a scar on his left eye, caused by an accident when he was little.  It was a miracle that he didn't go blind in that eye. 

Trevor was often described as a delinquent, often skipping class to hang out with his friends.  But lately, he's been going to class more often.  He was often kind to Claire, but mean to those who were cruel to him.  

"Good morning, Claire." Trevor put down his empty glass, smiling at his sister.

Claire smiled at her brother, "I have a feeling today will be a good day!" 

Her mother put down two plates on the table.  There was an omelet on both of them, stuffed with sausage, cheese and mushrooms, which were the siblings' favourite. 

"Thanks, Mom!" Claire smiled. 

"Yeah, thanks." Trevor grinned.

Claire grabbed a fork and took a bite of her omelet.  The egg, cheese, mushrooms and sausages' flavour seemed to melt in her mouth.   It was like she was a little girl again, when her father would sit at the table with them, and make jokes about eggs. 

Claire and Trevor's father had died about a year ago, shortly after the girl had turned fifteen.  She missed him every day, but she remained strong.  

"Thinking about Dad?" Trevor asked as he took a bite of his omelet. 

Claire's mother stood there, listening to the conversation. 

"Yeah, it hurts to think about him though." Claire smiled sadly, "But I can't keep dwelling on the past forever.   I know that Dad is watching over us, and his soul is being protected by God.  So, I'm more relieved than sad."