~Chapter Three~

Claire walked to school, as she typically did on Mondays. 

It had been two days since Adrian had come over for dinner.  She couldn't stop thinking about how Adrian had quickly caught that plate.  No one could have such quick reflexes, right?  

But still, she was impressed with Adrian.  He was kind, funny, charming, handsome, and not to mention single!   Would it hurt to admit she had a slight crush on him?  

But it could never happen.   Trevor would probably kill him.  

Speaking of Trevor, he walked behind his sister, looking as serious as always, maybe even more serious since he had a test in Math today.  He studied for the majority of yesterday with his girlfriend, Sypha. 

Claire sighed.   She was single and never had a boyfriend in her life. Sure, she had crushes but never was in a relationship.   

While thinking, she wasn't looking where she was going and slipped over her two feet, falling onto the concrete and scraping her knee.

"Are you okay?"  Trevor asked, concerned. 

Claire got back up, her knee bleeding slightly, "I'm fine." 

The two of them walked to school as if nothing happened. 

Claire walked to her locker, only to find two boys blocking it.  

Before she could say anything, a voice spoke up for her. 

"Um, excuse me, my friend is trying to get through here.  Would you please kindly move?" 

Claire turned around to find Adrian standing there, looking at the boys. 

The boys' eyes widened as if something was shocking them.  They scoffed as if nothing was bothering them before walking away, mumbling to each other about Adrian.  

"Um, thank you, Adrian," Claire smiled.

"It's nothing, really," he smiled back, 

The two of them walked to class, and a few hours later they were finally free.

"Finally, it's over!" Claire exclaimed as she exited the girl's locker room. 

Trevor exited the boy's changing room, and Adrian carried a blue bag. 

"Class was so difficult today.  Does the teacher expect us to run 10 laps around the gym?" Trevor complained, his face covered in sweat. 

Claire couldn't help but look over at Adrian.  Today, during gym class, he ran more than 20 laps by choice without breaking out in a sweat.  What was he? 

Suddenly, Trevor's phone started ringing; the ringtone was a heavy metal song that often somewhat scared Claire because of how loud it was.  

"Hello?  Sure, I can walk you home, Sypha.  I'll see you at the gate," Trevor hangs up his phone, "I gotta walk Sypha home.  Adrian, would you mind walking Claire home?" 

"I don't mind in the least,"  Adrian said.

Trevor began walking away, leaving Claire and Adrian alone, together. 

The two of them walked to their lockers, and grabbed their things, before heading outside, wearing winter coats.  Though it was November, it was still quite cold.  

The walk was quite silent.  Not a word was spoken until they reached the front door of the small Belmont estate. 

"Good night, Adrian," Claire said.

"Yeah, good night," Adrian said as he walked away. 

Once Adrian was out of sight, Claire turned to open the door, but was stopped when someone covered her mouth from behind and pulled her away from the door forcefully!