Attention!

Celena escorted the bandits to a long abandoned servant's quarters, a rundown old brick schack barely clinging to life. "This is where you'll be staying." She said as she opened the door to the quarters. There were abandoned cots filthy with dirt and debris scattered all over the building, a massive spider web hung in each corner of the ceiling, and the shack floor was covered in a thick carpet of dust.

"It beats sleeping in the woods." one of the bandits said.

"Home sweet home." another grumbled

The men made themselves at home, fighting amongst themselves over the best beds.

"Wait, before you all settle in for the night, I need you to hand over your weapons," Celena demanded. The men surrendered their rusted poorly kept swords and axes off to Aldini. "They will be returned to you once they've been polished and sharpened," Celena said. That promise seemed to ease the bandits' apprehensiveness.

"Well good night gentlemen," Celena said shutting the door. Jazlyn and Aldini followed her back to the manor.

"You can just drop those wherever, my smiths will take care of it." she said as she ascended up the stairs. "Wait one more thing before I go to bed, is there a uniform you'd like the bandits to wear?" Celena yawned.

"Yeah." Jazlyn instinctually pointed at Aldini, then she remembered he wasn't wearing it. "Umm-"

"I'll draw a picture of it." Aldini said.

"We'll draw a picture of it." she said.

"Sounds good, leave it on the table for the seamstress they'll know what to do. G'night love."

"Goodnight." She turned to Aldini, "I didn't know you could draw."

"There's plenty you don't know about me."

-

Did you tell Celena about Jazlyn's wish? The Djinn asked the Godmother.

Yes

Why did you do that?

Because I tell her everything, I have quite literally no one else to talk to. What does it matter? The godmother asked.

It made Jazlyn raise her guard unnecessarily.

So, what do you care? I thought your only interest was in 'making sure she lives'.

Yes, I have no desire to aid her but I don't intend to hinder her either, this Queen has been far more entertaining to serve than the rest, so I'd rather not intervene with a good thing.

I understand, but had I never informed Celena of Jazlyn's Blessing then Celena may never have taken her in. So would you like me only to intervene if it could benefit Jazlyn?

Do as you will, but conversations between us should stay between us.

Agreed.

-

The next morning Jazlyn's faux Agrabhic soldiers assembled and stood in a file. The uniforms the mice seamstress had tailored looked quite authentic despite a few off colors and a misshapen lapel here and there. The patterned scarfs tied around their faces and necks fit them nicely, but more importantly, for Jazlyn concealed their identities and ethnicities. The swords and axes they carried were presentable, not as official as the Khopesh Agrabhic soldiers were normally armed with, but they would suffice. After all, Jazlyn didn't expect them to need their weapons.

She made her way down the line, looking each soldier up and down like a commanding officer examining her subordinates. "We're going to be traveling to Batavick, when we get there don't say anything to anyone. You don't know Batavick. You don't speak Anglick. Understood."

"Yes ma'am." the bandits said in unison

"So if anyone asks you why I'm traveling to Batavick, what do you say?" Jazlyn asked.

The bandits stammered but said nothing as they looked at one another.

"Yes! That's the right answer." Jazlyn exclaimed. "And if you don't know what to say. Say لا أعرف. Can we all practice that.لا أعرف."

"Le arifu"

"Larrifu"

"Leaifu."

"Larfu"

"Ehh that's good enough." Jazyln shrugged.