Prologue

Once, there was a balance.

Literally, the being was named balance.

They represented both Destruction and Creation.

They were just a skeleton, black lines down one of their eyes, a splotch of paint above an eye. They had long flowing hair made of ink that was continuously shifting in any given moment. Tattoos all over their left side, they wore long flowey clothes, the style of which could change at any time.

As for the insanity of being left alone?

Well, they weren't. They had friends.

The twins, doodle and sphere. They were always happy, for they were always together.

Doodle was a happy girl. She had short, paper like hair to her shoulders. She saw only the best in everyone. She always wore a simple yellow dress, flowery and summery.

Her twin sphere, was more of a pessimistic guy. He was always cheerful when he could remain in the company of his sister though. He wore clothes that looked to be ink stained. He had long tattoos trailing his arms. Oh, did I mention they're skeletons?

As was balance. There was no reason why, or at least as far as any of them were concerned.

The next two were rather close. Best friends... but nothing like the other. Memory and regret. Regret was a ghastly phantom. You could never have her in perfect view, so it was impossible for one to tell what she looked like. She was like one of those shadows in the dark that made your heart race, and begin to question if you were alone in your home. Her attitude reflected her appearance. Constantly grumpy, sarcastic, rude. She wasn't as bad as she sounds though. In fact, she had quite a soft spot for others. She could laugh, and she loved to hang out with others. Memory was her best friend and polar opposite. She was a whimsical, bright floating young girl. She appeared like a mist, hazy and wispy. She loved laughing, and was one of the most enjoyable people to be around. She was always able to bring out the best in regret, and they enjoyed each other's company almost as much as the Twins enjoyed being amongst themselves. They of course had a third person. Time. Time was just a moody young girl, who looked like an average steampunk lover. She acted like a teenager, looking like one two. She cared about the others, but didn't interfere in anything. Then... there were those two. Terrible trouble makers they were, anti and void. Shapeshifters, harbingers of malice it would seem time by time. Void was as it was, constantly just a bit of black emptiness. She generally took the form of a young woman, but she took great delight in imitating, or mimicking the appearance of others. She was cold and dignified, but also took glee in many strange things. Anti was just a loud trouble maker. He took the form of a young man, but it was never the same one. He was mad, and madly in love with Void as well.

Despite so many differences, everyone was friends.

Well. Until that one fateful day.

You see, balance had friends, and could not be driven over the edge my loneliness. But balance was torn. The joy of creating, followed by the joy of destroying. It brought such great glee to see things destroyed, and such heartbreak to see such loved things broken. They began to recluse. Void made one snarky comment too far. There was a fight.

This was the first time violence had truly threatened a life.

Doodle, in her panic, jumped in the middle to stop it.

She was killed.

Everything seemed to stop. Nobody could comprehend the horror of what just happened. Nobody knew what to do.

Until Sphere lunged forward, and shattered balances soul.

Instead of a scream, she only grinned a twisted grin.

"See you soon."

As her body disappeared and her soul fragments fell.

Without balance, a new power had to come into play. So, the first world was created. Elements were created and given a life to protect them. They had all formed; Fire, water, earth, plant, ice, lightning, darkness, wind. But there was one missing. As light began to form, the biggest fragment of balance's soul fell and merged. This sent Light flying, forming in another place.

Far away from the others, light began to come to...

"Well well well. What do we have here?"

—————————————————————————————————————-

A/N: Hello! I hope you'll love this book, because this character means a lot to me! Please hang on till the end!