Chapter 2; Introduction

A/N I HAVE THREE READERS WASSUP POOKIES

Light was nervous. After all, the fluffy rabbit could leave at any moment. It was best not to scare it.

(Unfortunately for her, it hasn't moved because it feels threatened. She just... hasn't realized that yet.)

If she just reaches out her hand... maybe she can touch the fluffy rabbit.

Apprehensively, Light slowly reached out-

The Rabbit took this as a move, and with a couple powerful jumps had fled the scene.

Light just stood there, frozen. The fluffy rabbit was gone. She had messed up, scared the poor thing... it was probably in distress because of her.

Light felt her eye sockets get... runny.

Soon enough, she had broken out into tears and was sobbing about this bunny.

"Hey..."

She couldn't believe it! That poor rabbit! Now she might never see it again!!

"Hello???"

She was completely distraught. She had done something so bad... she was such an awful person!!

"HEY!"

At the sound of a loud shout she jolted out of it. She gasped, startled.

"Ugh. Thank goodness. Honestly, that was just pitiful to see." The voice seemed to have moved closer.

Light slowly turned around. It was the voice that said... something!! This morning.

There stood a ghostly figure- one of a powerful entity fallen from grace. Balance had a cool, cruel expression on their face.

Light had absolutely no social experience. Her knowledge only expanded to everything that was alive and how it worked. Not so much how things felt or worked.

So instead of being alarmed, she giddily skipped over to the figure and tried to poke it.

Balance's jaw dropped. Well, not literally. They would never allow anyone to see them display such a sign of weakness.

Light giggled. It was light like windchimes, and sweet as honey. As was to be expected as someone created as the embodiment of light. Balance nearly gagged, it was sickening.

Balance had no body. Let's break the fourth wall here dear readers; we can break down the situation from here. Balance has had a great fragment of her soul combined with sweet light over here. So, they are stuck as a sort of ghost, but not dead. Think of them as X-Chara, but much less unfortunate. Of course when writing this character, I didn't think of her like that. It's easier that way though, no?

"What's an... X-Chara?"

Balance's eyes bore into an empty spot behind Light. Glaring at whatever nonsense had just been spouted.

Lights finger had just gone through the ghost. She hadn't stopped trying to poke this strange thing, and finds great entertainment in watching her finger go through an arm.

"Who are you talking to silly? There's only the two of us! Is there a new friend??"

Balance sighed. They would let this measly creator remain with their strange words. Hearing voices wasn't any new deal; it comes with the whole creation and destruction gig.

"Nobody."

They jerked away. "Stop that."

Light just giggled and tilted her head.

"Okay okay! It's so funny though! My finger doesn't go through my arm, see?"

She poked her arm.

Balance wasn't even surprised that this girl could see them. Some of what the creator had said made sense after all.

"Yes, yes. Quite particular and all. Come on now, we need to whip you into shape."

"But... you can't touch me. How would you use a whip?"

Balance almost screamed. They could not remember the last time someone had treated them with so much lack of respect.

It was almost refreshing. They squinted at this... child. A fine pawn given enough training. Perhaps even a more valuable piece. Valuable pieces should be protected and treasured right? It only made sense.

Balance pondered this, as the young deity before them continued to gaze in wonder.

"So, you're going to teach me stuff?"

Balance snapped out of it.

"Indeed. We don't know what else has been created in this world. You have to know how to defend against threats."

Light nodded energetically.

"Sounds fun! It's new!!!! What do you want me to do?"

Balance hummed. A teacher... something far below them. A necessary sacrifice however.

"Everyone has a certain tool that is most attuned to them. Just close your eyes and imagine something coming at you with malice. Your soul will instinctively create something to protect you."

Light nodded faster than anyone had ever nodded before. She squeezed her eyes shut tight.

Balance scoffed. It would take more than excitement to summon a weapon. It had taken them several attempts.

"I did it!"

Of course the poor girl had failed. It was impossible for anyone to do better than... excuse me???

Balance whipped around to face Light. Sure enough, she was holding a weapon. A brilliant spear made of pure light, condensed into a handheld weapon.

Balance quickly disguised their shock. It only made sense; this girl had Balance's powers as well. Still, it seemed they were right not to judge based on appearances alone.

"Decent... I suppose. A spear is an interesting choice. Says a lot about you."

Light perked up upon hearing such praise. It was so exciting! She had never been complimented!

"Really??? Oh... this is sooo cool!"

She squealed, and if Balance had ears they would be bleeding. Although a little excitement wasn't a bad thing if she wanted this child to grow. Advancement was necessary if she was ever to get revenge on that grimy entitled boy. Balance looked into the now starry skies. Silently, she swore that Doodle wouldn't be getting his way.

Little did they know, everything was getting a lot more complex. Somewhere, a glitchy curiosity and shifting curiosity were opening their eyes for the first time.

Light stared into the sky, following Balance's gaze. The sight her curious eye lights were met with was breathtaking. Thousands of lights danced above her head.

Without anything to pollute or obstruct the skies, entires galaxies danced in color.

Shooting stars passed by, almost in a game of tag. The youthful starlight was a gorgeous chase and meeting of wonder.

Light was silenced in awe. This new place.. her creation. It was all so exciting, and if there were such sights in the skies, there must be so many other places with wonder!

She closed her eyes and smiled, making her own promise to the night sky. One day, whenever it might be, she would find the place where she could live in such harmony as the stars. A place where she could chase across the sky like a shooting star.

A promise... and then a wish.

She wished to the great unknown that she could be one with this beautiful nature. Everything she could see, she could care for.

Oh, how naive of a wish she had just made. In this plane of existence, shooting stars indeed carry immense amounts of power. She would get her wish; and learn a very valuable lesson when it was granted.

Always be careful what you wish for.

Wish magic does not like to follow the path.

Given the chance, it will create as much chaos as it can; and it certainly could.