ᓚᘏᗢ ᓚᘏᗢ ᓚᘏᗢ

After almost a year of hunting down various angel abusers alongside an organization dedicated to protecting angels, Austin is finally on the threshold of busting one particular cult leader, Linus Covett. For roughly the past six months, the organization has been hounding this man, tracking him along numerous trails of skillfully stolen children. Really, the man has been on their list since this protection organization was.. well.. organized. With centuries of kidnappings leading back to the same culprit, the same cult, the same man, there's not a doubt that among the fakes, there must be a real angel among those who've been stolen, perhaps multiple, elongating his lifespan.

With the help of an inside source, the organization has managed to squirm their way into the inner workings of the cult leader's home, slowly replacing each member of Linus' guards with a member of their organization. The tall, broad man under the mask in the middle is Austin, clutching a handgun tight against his hip, awaiting instructions from his earpiece. Outside communicators are placed at each corner of the courtyard, and a task force of police and ambulances wait outside. They cut off the driveway and keep watchful eyes out for the right moment to strike. If they move in even seconds too early, it puts the entire operation in peril. Linus is cunning and well thought out, and the crowd is already riled up and desperate. They need him to have no escape, lest he says something to piston the crowd into defending him. When fear mixes with this kind of energy, it could become a crowd crush far too easily, then they'd all be in danger. But there's just one command he waits on, a woman far younger than him, perched on the west wall and waiting with bated breath. Jazmyn, the founder of this entire operation. Only a few more moments, just a few, hour-long seconds.

"Now, Austin." She whispers into the mic piece.

And with that one command and a single motion, Austin has the barrel of his gun aimed at Linus' champagne colored hair, fantasizing about staining it and the walls red. The crowd's clamor falls deathly silent, and the click of the hammer reverberates in the stone courtyard, followed by the rustles of gunmen on top of the tall courtyard walls. The silence makes the wailing of police sirens outside audible, and a heavy blanket of defeat rests over the crowds as people slowly raise hands.

"Hands, Linus." Austin says, voice cool and calm. He watches Linus' hands tighten on the angel boy in his hands and his heart leaps into his throat as those fingers bury painfully into the angel's throat, drawing a strangled gasp from him. The veins and tendons in his hands ripple before they slowly lift away, up into the air, and the angel all but collapses to the ground.

"I'll come back, Avery. Do not become complacent to the whims of the devil, do not trust. Lucifer looks to drag you into his sheets of fiery sin." Linus hisses towards the angel as he's cuffed by one of Austin's colleagues. Austin approaches Avery, and those wide, confused eyes turn to him, bruised legs folded underneath him, with all the innocence and otherworldly beauty as a fawn. Austin disarms his weapon and sticks it in its holster. He grits his teeth as he watches Avery begin to back away from him, dragging and pushing  himself over the ground to escape. In a brief second, Avery launches to his feet, bolting over towards Linus, but Austin catches him around the waist, only narrowly missing. Avery fights, kicking his feet and writhing, clawing at Austin's arm in an attempt to shove him away. Austin slings the boy over his shoulder, clasping him tight so as not to let him squirm away. He cringes a bit as the rough motion draws a soft wheeze from Avery.

"No, no, no you can't! Father, please." Avery's begging goes from cries to screams. Austin holds tight to the angel, who's nails can't penetrate his thick clothing, and who's body folds under Austin's grasp. The angel's cries seem to stir something within the cult leader as he tugs at his arresting officers.