6

Startled, I dropped the T-shirt back on the bed and turned around to see the vampiress standing at the entrance.

"Aww cutie!" she exclaimed entering inside. "I'd no idea there was this side of you," she said looking at my body. "Would you like being my boyfriend?"

"Are you nuts?" I asked. "Do you really think I'm going to date a vampiress?"

"Then what about a vampire?" she teased. "You could be the perfect bride for my lonely brother!"

"Your brother?"

She chuckled. "He's into both boys and girls. If you ever feel like setting you up for him, I'm most ready to help."

I rolled my eyes in frustration. Picking up the T-shirt I quickly put it on and by the time I had done it, she was already lying on the bed.

"Nico, right?" she asked. I nodded in response. "I'm Selena."

"What do you want from us Selena?" I asked bluntly.

She lifted herself up and sat on the bed, smirking. "Your blood."

My blood ran cold. I knew it! I so knew it! These vampires would never change. They were all blood sucking monsters, ready to leap on us whenever the opportunity knocks down their way.

Suddenly, Selena burst out laughing. My brows creased at her sudden reaction. What kind of demonic thoughts was she pondering upon? Was she laughing at my ill luck or had she lost her sanity?

Controlling her laughter, Selena said, "I'm so sorry. I cannot help but laugh at your innocence. Like hey! If I would've meant harm, wouldn't I have done that already?"

Indeed she had a point. She and her brother could have done anything to us, which they did not. Was my condition the only motive behind their action?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Look Nico," she stood up facing me, "not all vampires are the same. Some like us, don't beleive in hunting down innocent humans and killing them to suck out their blood. Rather, we feed on those who are willing to let us do so."

I gulped. "So, how do you survive?"

"Animal blood," she sighed. "It isn't that aromatic and savory and neither as satisfying nor energizing as that of humans, but they're our only option.

I felt relieved. "Why did you scare me back then?"

Selena laughed. "Ain't it fun to see the horror on one's face?"

"I don't think so."

She rolled her eyes. "Alright, I came here to call you down for dinner. If you can. Axel has prepared it."

"Alright, I'm ready."

She stared down at me. "Like this?"

I looked down and saw that I had not worn the pant yet, rather had the towel on. I blushed as she giggled.

Quickly, I slipped the pant up through under the towel, and once worn, removed the towel.

The two of us walked out of the room together, Selena holding me everytime my motion faltered. With slow and steady steps, and throbbing head, we made it to the kitchen.

A dining table sat in the center of the huge kitchen with four chairs arranged around it. Two at the shorter edge and two at the longer, facing one another.

Liam sat at one of the chairs of the longer edge, while Axel arranged the plates with an apron on.

"Selena," Axel said, "help me bring the food."